Well well well, it's back on EBay ULS150

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
EBay Item number:262235707332

I wonder if anyone will go after it this time?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262235707332?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

And before you guys kick off at me again, remember we really ought to respect one another if the forum is to deliver it's intended vision of sharing knowledge and fellowship.

A really nice looking guitar that caused a fair bit of consternation identifying it. It proved to be a European spec ULS150 but the original poster obviously didn't buy it and its up on EBay right now. If I didn't already own a red one I'd love to have got this. Lovely top isn't it?

Is British different to European?
If so what is different? So is it a ULS150 or LS150.... in any case it is listed, rightly or wrongly both as an LS150 and a ULS150.

Hi,

I want to buy this but after reading the post for identification I was a bit confused.
In the end what is the spec of the guitar ?

The guitar was a LS150 or a ULS150 from the premium range. If you were confused join the rest of us as we seem to have got confused too. Last thing that added anything sensible to the debate was that photos were posted showing the cavities and full maple cap and high spec caps etc. The remaining argument was that some maintained this guitar had a two piece back. On one photo that someone attempted to enhance it did appear there was a join line running down the centre. I looked at my LS150 and you could be forgiven for thinking that it was a two piece as well but when you looked in the cavity it was clearly a one piece. The original poster also put up tags showing where the guitar was bought from and for how much so there was a lot of provenance for it. I don't know if it sold but quite a few of the guys on the site didn't help matters by suggesting there was a conspiracy going on by the seller to rip buyers off! I'd have arranged to meet the guy at Frets guitar centre (tokai dealer) and get them to do an appraisal to satisfy yourself its good then haggle and score!!!
I'd not let this lot put me off from buying a guitar but I'd always do my research thoroughly.

fastfreddy1962 said:
Is British different to European?
If so what is different? So is it a ULS150 or LS150.

I believe the U in ULS stands for UK market, simple no! :wink: Difference is headstock shape (UK/dimple).

ULS/UK:

LS/EU:

Latest posts

Back