A trivial matter.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felixcatus

Reaction score
As a mechanic besides playing I always want to wrench when a 'new' used guitar arrives.

Usually it goes like this: play it for a very short while, clean it up, pull off the neck, check the truss rod, adjust if necessary and take lots of photos. Reassemble, new strings, alter bridge, saddle and pu settings to my liking.
Intonate, some more fine tuning and start playing.

Not so with the latest one, did all of the above except for the neck. Like I'm not in a hurry to remove the neck, in fact I'm a little reluctant to do it, it's quite nice as it is and don't want to mess things up. Never had this happen to me before! :eek:

Am I content, getting old or do I have something special in my hands? :D

You know there's no possible way to answer your question without pictures, right?

All very true and wise words, and I know you guys are right. :wink:
But 2 weeks of no work coming up , let's see if I can l leave it alone. :)

Playing out is slow this time of year for us, so it took a while before I could try out the ST80R in a 'live' situation.

Last sunday we had a 'Sinterklaasfeest' for the children and a party for the parents afterwards.
I usually use two guitars for the different styles (Classic rock/Rock & Roll - Neil Young, Chuck Berry, Thin Lizzy, Led Zep, Elvis, Stones, Jimi.
Funk/soul - Nile Rodgers, Curtis Mayfield, Temptations. Pop - The Police, U2, David Bowie) we play.

I went brave :wink: and took only the ST80R with me.
I already was quite impressed with this one, and now even more, it handled all and went beyond

PS and I also still haven't removed the neck :wink:

JVsearch said:
This is great - what a clever idea!
Indeed, not my idea though, found on the internet.

JVsearch said:
Pieces of solder?
Yes. Easy to work with.

For me neck shape and size are an important aspect in buying a guitar (sight unseen), they are hardly ever featured in advertisements. That's why I do it. :wink:

PS just for fun, some more measurements.

****! I knew I should have bought that Breezy deluxe when I had the chance!!
Might see if the owner is interested in selling it on.... :D

Latest posts

Back