Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Identity of MIJ Love Rock: Possible trade situation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastfreddy1962
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Identity of MIJ Love Rock: Possible trade situation Reply with quote

Paladin, I have won nothing.

I merely presented an alternative view to yours (also most others too), and when challenged you resort to name calling which makes you look even dumber than I ever could. The trial continues because you have not seen the pictures in question, which is hilarious! You actually made me laugh albeit briefly, until the veiled insinuations of me being a rip off artist??? That paladin is not acceptable conduct on any level and shows you to be a very silly person. Iím insolent, impertinent, an upstart and a dick too?

What a super forum this turned out to be and itís a shame because valuable information on the Tokai brand is likely to be lost among the inane ramblings and opinions of people like you. I just hope people have the sense to question and verify the facts properly for themselves rather than take your view as gospel.

You will be pleased to know that I shall now withdraw from this thread. Iíve nothing more of any value to add. Iíve learned my lesson too which is that I should never have commented and disagreed with you, it has been a complete waste of my time.
Ton of Tone
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Identity of MIJ Love Rock: Possible trade situation Reply with quote

fastfreddy1962 wrote:
Brow has now confirmed the guitar features a cap not veneer so surely you can now see who is a dick and who isn't!

Yes, we all see that now...

Paladin2019 wrote:
You may have won the argument, but you're still acting like a dick.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

fastfreddy1962 wrote:
You will be pleased to know that I shall now withdraw from this thread.

Best news I have heard today.
fastfreddy1962
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Identity of MIJ Love Rock: Possible trade situation Reply with quote

Ton of Tone, it's been a pleasure to discuss Tokai's with you. I feel you have found your spiritual home on here.
I know you will miss me but I shall offer no further comments.
God bless you.
Ton of Tone
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Identity of MIJ Love Rock: Possible trade situation Reply with quote

fastfreddy1962 wrote:

I shall offer no further comments.

You already said that. Take your own advice...
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been awhile since there's been a dust up like this. Always entertaining.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Identity of MIJ Love Rock: Possible trade situation Reply with quote

Paladin2019 wrote:
fastfreddy1962 wrote:
Tokai UK's only deviation from spec appears to be the two piece back

And the unbound fret ends (a big deal), and possibly a veneer top (which would fit with the price point, hence pics requested for verification).

I don't think the unbound fret ends are relevant - you have to go up to LS-470 or something before you get bound fret ends on modern premium series LS guitars.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
Been awhile since there's been a dust up like this. Always entertaining.

Yes, but unfortunately it's clouding the issue.
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did the fret ends start changing? I actually prefer them unbound but it was always one of the things to look for on a premium model
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paladin2019 wrote:
When did the fret ends start changing? I actually prefer them unbound but it was always one of the things to look for on a premium model

Yeah, actually, I could be wrong on that - may have been thinking of a full nitro finish which is only available on the two top models.

If there is FEB on a LS-165 Premium then it's game over for this "ULS-150".
Brow
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the new pics taken during the 'appraisal' of the guitar, which was confirmed to the buyer by Tokai Importers UK as being an LS150:

You can see where it's a proper maple cap, but as for if it's a veneer; I don't think it is as I'd expect more symmetry on the flame if it was, but I'm no expert and I'll admit that!
Paladin2019
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brow wrote:

You can see where it's a proper maple cap, but as for if it's a veneer; I don't think it is as I'd expect more symmetry on the flame if it was, but I'm no expert and I'll admit that!

All MIJ Tokais have a maple cap, that was never in question. You have to match up the join line and the grain lines in the cavity and on the top to see if it's solid or veneer. The join line looks good on the top picture, and the wiring looks original. That's certainly a long tenon too.

So the question is, what's going on with the lack of fret edge binding? And why is there nothing written where there clearly should be in the cavity? This is all very odd and combined with Fastfreddy's near-fanatical contributions to this thread I'm very wary of the whole situation.
Kipple
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paladin2019 wrote:
Brow wrote:

All MIJ Tokais have a maple cap, that was never in question. You have to match up the join line and the grain lines in the cavity and on the top to see if it's solid or veneer. The join line looks good on the top picture, and the wiring looks original. That's certainly a long tenon too.

So the question is, what's going on with the lack of fret edge binding? And why is there nothing written where there clearly should be in the cavity? This is all very odd and combined with Fastfreddy's near-fanatical contributions to this thread I'm very wary of the whole situation.

I have the same guitar no fret edge binding.

The guitar in this thread ? It's quite obviously not a veneer .
The flame runs down the full depth of the maple cap and it is clearly visible in picture that shows the inside of the pickup cavity.

I haven't seen anything that actually confirms it is a two piece back . Where did that come from ? That seems to be pure speculation at the moment based on the OP comment that he thought it MIGHT be.

I have a tokai here in my house that's pretty much identical to this one pictured in this thread and it is a flamed maple cap and the flame runs into the full depth of the cap visible in the pickup cavity it has no veneer it has a one piece back and NO fret edge binding and it is an LS150 made for the UK market with the dimple in the headstock bought from Coda.... Or actually now I think about it ..it might of been bought from rich tone

I don't understand why there is any confusion over the fret edge binding.

Also I dont think there us anything to be wary of the OP didn't come here to sell this guitar. I think you are trying to make something out of nothing.

I'm my opinion FWIW
Anyone who claims to be capable of identifying a guitar and then does so incorrectly and then characterises themselves as "just one of the most senior and experienced members" is MORE than just little bit full of themselves.

When that person then goes onto to characterise someone who challenges them by calling the person who challenged them insolent and an impertinent upstart
Well lets just say Some people here REALLY need to get over themselves...

Last edited by Kipple on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a non export LS150 F. It was some kind of special run or whatever for 2004 onwards. There' a thread somewhere on here about them. Mine happens to be a 2005, and although it has a solid two piece flamed maple top and a one piece back. It has no fret edge binding. It also doesn't have a model number in either pup cavity. This guitar in the OP is from 2015 so anything is possible really, special run ?? maybe it's just a streak in the mahogany that makes it looks like a two piece back ??. I'll be the first to admit that i thought the top was a veneer. Just by eyeballing a picture. It does seem to be a solid flamed top now that i see the new pictures. It is a very uniform flamed top compared to mine, which is the only one i have on hand to make a comparison.I suppose it proves that a good picture is worth a thousand words.
Diamond
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read through this thread, funny stuff.

First you need to know what models Tokai currently make considering it's a 2014/2015 model.
This guitar was either a LS150F AAA and a LS200F AAAAA...both of which are currently offered by Tokai.

First thing to check when this thread started was, does it have brass saddles, aluminum tailpiece, CTS pots (stiffer feeling than MIJ pots), and Sprague Orange Drops...Premium Series specs.
If yes then that's all you needed to know to identify it as a LS150F AAA.

A current Vintage Series LS115F looks identical to a LS150F AAA (actually it looks better), you'll struggle to see the join on the body of the LS115F, it's easier just to check for Premium Series specs which will take a few seconds.

However it could have been a LS200F AAAAA, but it's not because the flame on a current 5A is different...this is a 3A flametop LS150F...it's now a stock model made by Tokai even though it won't appear in a catalog.

Here is current Tokai 3A Flamed Maple

5A flamed maple

JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kipple wrote:
I haven't seen anything that actually confirms it is a two piece back . Where did that come from ? That seems to be pure speculation at the moment based on the OP comment that he thought it MIGHT be.

The evidence is there in the pictures - for me it has a two piece back unless I see some more close up pics to prove that it is one piece.

That is my only issue with saying the guitar is part of the "Premium Series" and that I can not understand how Tokai can make a solid flame top LS premium series guitar for 150k Yen when the first level of the premium series is a plain top at a higher price than that. Well, unless they are making savings elsewhere such as a two piece back.

The question, should a premium series LS have a two piece back? That's all. I just want to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: