V neck and printing on neck and cavity

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazdog

Reaction score
Hello members tks you help! I have a V neck on tokai SS were these necks only used on higher end guitars like ST-80 and above. And the lettering on end butt of neck and inside cavity body supposed to be same. Indicating original neck and body same.. If not what do these letters and numbers represent...ie. 4=1A on neck and 5=5 GS body thanks your help !

crazdog said:
And the lettering on end butt of neck and inside cavity body supposed to be same. Indicating original neck and body same..

Codes don't have to match for the guitar to be original.

crazdog said:
If not what do these letters and numbers represent...ie. 4=1A on neck and 5=5 GS body thanks your help !

I mailed Tokai directly, and this is their response:

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for loving Tokai Gakki.

From the feature you explained, the guitar is made by Tokai at the time.
The code No. on the body and neck express lot number.
>-body code: 6=14 A
Made in June.
>-neck code: 5=16 A
Made in May.

I hope this info hellps you.

Best regards.

Tokai Gakki Co.Ltd
."

And (let's end this once and for all :wink: ) PROOF of an original Tokai (body/neck) with non matching codes!

felixcatus said:
crazdog said:
And the lettering on end butt of neck and inside cavity body supposed to be same. Indicating original neck and body same..

Codes don't have to match for the guitar to be original.

crazdog said:
If not what do these letters and numbers represent...ie. 4=1A on neck and 5=5 GS body thanks your help !

I mailed Tokai directly, and this is their response:

"Dear Customer,

Thanks for loving Tokai Gakki.

From the feature you explained, the guitar is made by Tokai at the time.
The code No. on the body and neck express lot number.
>-body code: 6=14 A
Made in June.
>-neck code: 5=16 A
Made in May.

I hope this info hellps you.

Best regards.

Tokai Gakki Co.Ltd
."

And (let's end this once and for all :wink: ) PROOF of an original Tokai (body/neck) with non matching codes!
Absolutely spot on.the neck and body coded do not neccessarily have to match for a Tokai to be original.

Tks u help.. Might if V necks were only used for ST 80 and above... Tks

Back