Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai TA35 - help please!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PGTips
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject: Tokai TA35 - help please!? Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm new here but I'm a proud owner of a Breezysound, 28 years and counting.

Anyhow, a couple of weeks back I picked up an old (1985?) TA 35 amp. The volume pot is a little scratchy but fine once dialed in. I can live with that for now. Last night however, I was playing through it with the master volume pull boost out to get the Champ style over driven sound. Whilst playing it just seemed to drop away and it sounds really weak and fluctuating in output. Does this sound familiar to anybody? Has a transistor blown or is it a case of getting some contact spray in there. I really haven't a clue when it comes to amps so any solid state advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
PGTips
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks...after a little knob turning and a gentle kick, everything seems to be okay now. So it seems to me nothing has "blown" but a deep clean may be in order.
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that, simple solutions are always best.

Oh yeah, nice amp you have there and welcome to the forum.
mdvineng
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a tin of contact cleaner is what you need for the potentiometers to get the contacts working and crackle free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: