Now there are 4! - with images of dissemble and clean up ...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patchel

Reaction score
4%20_Tokais_zpstpfmntrt.jpg

.... The one that is third from the left is the new one. It is a TST-56 with a blond finish. It looks a lot like all the three Olympic White ones.
Left to right ... Probably a, AST-56, has a new decal (the Springy Sound one from e-bay, I bought it that way) , AST 56 "Bitsa" I put together from parts, The newest one, a Blonde TST-56, body and neck stampings match, and my old beat up TST-56 that has a TST 62 body on it, in OW. ... This Blonde TST is my latest purchase is my closest to a replacement for my original TST yet. I bought it on EBAY. I'll share some images soon. It needed a pickup, ( I had to use a "U" the rest are "E"s, and I had to replace the bridge. I used my Tokai bridge, but it's missing the "Final Prospec" saddles. When I bought my TST, they had metalic red and blue, ad a creamy olympic white. I have seen a few with a see thru finish now. Since my body has the right stampings, I believe it to be original. I am not sure why some TST-56 have a see thru finish, and others are solid, but they are my favorite!

More images from the clean up .... I thought it was Olympic White, but it really is Blonde ...

20150904_214535_zpsu8jcur4i.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]

You can just see the grain in this image. I think Some TST-56s had opaque and when I bought my original in 1984, they had solid red, white, or blue ..
20150904_230651_zpscaf0wtmv.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]

Here's the body after a quick polish with Maguires and a clean up with Dunlop spray polish ...

20150904_220551_zpsih77tjvx.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]

Came missing one of the E's the Dimarzio did sound good ...I had a U that I installed and sounds quite nice.

20150904_214750_zps1dw6hj1d.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]

Tokai never did bury the decal in lacquer, but they are still pretty.
20150904_214657_zpsysqi8uke.jpg
[/URL][/img]

The neck cleaned up with Meguires and a tittle chrome polish on the frets .. I did a repair to the nut with baking soda and crazy glue, so far it worked great and it's invisible.
20150904_214645_zpswnyq7e8s.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Body Stamp ( it matched the neck ... yea! )
20150904_214614_zpsaq3nbuku.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Here is is , bolted together, I pulled out the folded up string pack used a a shim, and sanded down a very thin piece of maple veneer ( About 10 / 1000's) The bridge was not right, and I had a Tokai laying around, so I used it. I have Fender Pat Pend. saddles ordered, since it's impossible to find FINAL PROSPEC units.
Waiting final assembly ...

20150904_230552_zpsiritpu7i.jpg
[/URL]

Here are two that I bought from RINKYA !

nUowddF.jpg

OGn7eJ5.jpg

But I thing the Maple one is a late 84 / 85 ...

You've got some catching up to do ;-)

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19690&highlight=

That's a nice collection. You have me beat ! I think I have 8 Tokais, 6 USA Strats, and 1 mexican Strat. I need to line them all up in the sun and take a pic like that. Impressive !

Patchel, I don't have any US Strats by 1 Jap, I Mexican. With 6.5 Tokais. A lot of Squiers so I think you edge me on quality :)

A sensitive movement of the flow is termed for the individuals. The challenges of the essay company reviews are ensured for the future times. The mark is done for the oriental items for the humans. It is done for the factor analysis for the future offs for the performances for the humans.

Latest posts

Back