LS95 or 98 switch

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bladesg

Reaction score
Hi all I have a LS95 or 98 BB from around 2010/11 with PAFs not P90s. The pickup switch jumps out of neck position into the middle and most of the time I get bugger all volume out of the bridge pickup because of the switch.

Which switchcraft replacement should I be looking at getting and also if I upgrade the pickups/pots and wiring, do I need short or long leg pickups and pots?

I'm aware the CTS pots will require the holes being opened up slightly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you are going to replace the regular MIJ sitch with a Switchcraft get the short one. I have use the long one in an old LC and altough it works it is a bit tricky. Ber awared about Switchcraft toggle switch is slightly wider then MIJ so it fits a bit tight inside te cavitie.

Luis.

Bladesg said:
Which switchcraft replacement should I be looking at getting and also if I upgrade the pickups/pots and wiring, do I need short or long leg pickups and pots?

Short switch, as Luis said.

Short and long leg would both work perfectly well, however long leg is the traditional style in this type of guitar. Short leg has the advantage of fitting into other designs so you could swap it around a bit, or more easily find a buyer if you sell.

For pots you want short shaft. You can make long shaft fit but it's an unnecessary hassle.

Thanks luis and Paladin2019.

Is there a Japanese replacement switch I could get?

There is a clone of the switchcraft, allparts number EP 0067 000.

Fits perfectly. I've had one in mine for years without any problems, although if the short switchcraft had been available back then I would have gone for that one first.

If it's just jumping out the neck position, but still works fine, no need to replace it.
Take it out and squash/bend closed the two plates, that should sort out the problem.

switch_zpsauqovowv.jpg

Back