LS 320 replacement switch query

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebar

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to replace the pickup selector switch on my 1999 LS 320.

If anyone could offer me some advice on the best make/model to go for, I would be very grateful.

Cheers

Tony

Hello Rebar, you can use teh regular japanese made for sale in several guitarshops as Philadelphia Luthiers or Ebay. It is the same used by Tokai.

http://www.philadelphialuthiertools.com/electronics/switches/3-way-switch-with-black-knob/

Hope it helps,
Luis.

Did the 320's use switchcraft switches?

A picture of your current one would help.

What exactly is the problem? Is something actually broken, is the switching intermittent? You may be able to solve this without replacing anything.

No, they don't Palladin, they use regular switches. I had to replace the one on my 2003 LS320, the only thing I have changed (and the pickups now with Wolfetone Mean-Meaner set) because it sounds so fantastic stock (and I change parts if I do feel the guitar sound better).

The switch is intermittent. Its ok in the neck position. In the middle position I usually only have only the neck pickup and for the bridge pickup, the volume is significantly lower (and thinner - like a single coil) than it should be. Occasionally, everything works as it should (if I jiggle it around perpendicular to its normal direction of travel). However, there seems to be too much movement perpendicular to its normal travel direction and I was just thinking of replacing it altogether to sort the problem out once and for all.

As I am unfamiliar with switches, I wanted to order the best quality replacement available. From reading around, it sounds like Switchcraft are the best?

I will need to go back and take a few photos, but the threaded cylinder does not protrude beyond the nut holding the switch in place, if that may help.

If anyone can forward a model number or direct me to a supplier, I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

Tony

Latest posts

Back