Specs and Opinions about the Early Sixties strat late 70s?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgalo7

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wonder if any of you know the specs of the Early Sixties SE series from late 70?s?

Opinions?

Ok,

Since apparently nobody knows about it let me tell you that I took the shot and bought a ?79 Early Sixties SE700 with this specs:

- Body pancake type, two pieces
- Body Lacquer finish (acetone test positive)
- Pickups Excel P-100 staggered poles
- Neck finish Lacquer
- Neck radius 7.25
- Neck profile "C"
- Tuners engraved Greco Guitar

Not that i'm an expert on Greco Strat models but i have 2... a '78 SE500 Supersounds and a '81 SE600 Supersound. I didn't know they made pancake bodies for their strats, especially in '79 when most people believe production to have already moved to Fujigen. Are you sure it's not a partscaster ??

Well,

I was afraid of that when I got the guitar, then I removed the pickguard and the pickups were as they should, same the wiring, the finish and when I removed the neck there was a red stamp similar to a 7 in the neck pocket.

Then, for what I?ve seen here in this forum and around others in the web there are some Strats with this pancake body.

This is more often seen in LP guitars and I guess that was because Gibson was making guitars with pancake body at that time and Greco just imitated what they saw to make the guitars more faithful to the real thing.

Well congrats on the new axe !! It sounds like it is a kosher Greco. Don't be shy about posting pictures !! Love to see your SE700

hi
i got one in white
think 3.8 kg good neck but not nitro ,,, very thick poly on mine
good guitar but not my favorite greco
got a 77 sparkle sound i like much better 4 bolt neck 3,4 kg
with the big head ,, i like that one better
all the best
otto

Latest posts

Back