Why has someone spent 106,000 yen on this?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrcakes

Reaction score
Hi all - I am brand new here. I've been a Yamaha guitar owner for awhile but have not really been happy with the Yama strats.

30 years ago I had a Tokai Strat and sold it but always remember how good it sounded. I don't remember the model #.

I need to do some research and need to be pointed in some direction.
Here are some general parameters so if you could give me model #'s to look at, I'd be grateful.
>I like maple necks
>i like soft or hard v-necks
>I like sunburst
>I like the sound of Ash.

Thanks for your help and direction. I know I could all this myself, but want to save hours by recommendations from experienced players here on the forum.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm not an "experienced player here on the forum". :D But I think ST80/100 Springysound fulfill the requirements.

felixcatus said:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm not an "experienced player here on the forum". :D But I think ST80/100 Springysound fulfill the requirements.
Thanks - it appears that the St100 is the only one with an Ash body.

No 80s Tokais were were made of ash.Some were made of Sen, but Sen is not ash and sounds more like alder than ash.Gabe.

t8loknxr9j7y0.jpg
vy6eh7rnz4o5q.jpg

4okd8melrps5i.jpg
4zd0wrt8bgeh2.jpg

[/img]
fiona7_7-img600x400-1437029522irsgmy17028.jpg

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/200168447#enlargeimg

Just looks like a pancake Norlin that's probably been caught up in the Tsunami to me. I'd imagine any restoration costs would far outweigh it's selling price and hard to imagine you'd get away with a minimal quick fix to get it playable.

Looks like Frampton's guitar when they found it.

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/07/144799712/framptons-dream-guitar-recovered-decades-later

Latest posts

Back