tokai es-100's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duff

Reaction score
Just wanted to show my new tokai es 100, the red one.
The SB & TR are '81, the NT is '82.
The necks on the TR and the NT are almost the same,
the sunburst one has a slightly larger neck.
The red one is a lot lighter then the other ones.
I would like to put a bigby one one on them, not sure yet on which one.

18915211632_db2b010de8_b.jpg

Thanks all! I sure love them.
The red one is a J version, the SB has no label but same pickups so i guess J as well. The natural one is a J as well.

Here's a pic with the other ones.
18923355261_a96123683b_b.jpg

Nice rack!

Those J(azz) ES's are rare birds. Most were the R(ock) variety. Same guitar but the R pickups were hotter than the J's

OK, I've got to know - what is the knob behind the bridge on the tele? Is it some sort of B bender setup or something? Excuse my ignorance but I've never seen one before
PS Nice collection. Im yet to get into hollow body electrics as I'm still doing my apprenticeship (3rd year) in guitar. I'm moving into blues and eventually jazz but there's no hurry!!! (I'm only 45 8))
Cheers
Mark

Hey Mark, yes that's a B bender.
Tokai made a te-150 which was a te-80 with the benders supplied by Gene Parsons. Here are some more pics:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124367246@N02/

and some more info
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21944&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I'd put the Bigsby on the sunburst... then you can sell either the red or the natural one to me. 8)

Rare birds, I tried to find one for some time, seems like you have them! They are beauties.

Hi Duff,
you?ve got beatiful guitars!. I have a question that i hope you can answer: Does the Tokai?s 100 (R or J) have polyurethane or nitrocellulose finish?
Thank you!

DanielMayfield said:
Hi Duff,
you?ve got beatiful guitars!. I have a question that i hope you can answer: Does the Tokai?s 100 (R or J) have polyurethane or nitrocellulose finish?
Thank you!

The ES100's are spec'd with nitro, the ES150's are spec'd with a cashew lacquer (same as the spec on the LS200's).

Emiel said:
I'd put the Bigsby on the sunburst... then you can sell either the red or the natural one to me. 8)

Rare birds, I tried to find one for some time, seems like you have them! They are beauties.

:lol: they are all staying!

Danielmayfield, like ryanc said,all nitro. But like every tokai i had/have, no checking.

Latest posts

Back