• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTS Neck and Brass Bridge ---$210/190

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimus

Reaction score
The neck is off an ST60 1980 with the unique spacing. Excellent overall used condition, the rosewood is beautiful. One of the bushings is replaced. $210

The bridge is a rare thing. All brass, big brass block. Off of an ST70. Excellent overall used condition. SOLD

Shipping based on location/service. Paypal preferred.

200 for the bridge.

220 for the neck.

Shipping dependent on location, Paypal plus fees or gift.

Hi guys,

Just to clarify, the bridge is from an SS-70S.
This model was Tokais attempt in 1982 to replicate Fenders 1980 'The Strat'
It used everything Springy except for the bridge which was this brass number but was given an SS code instead of an ST. The headstock was colour matched to the body, had 2 serial numbers (headstock and neckplate)
gold hardware, sealed tuners and was available in 4 colours (MR,OW,LB,RR).
The model ran for just over a year so they are quite rare.

hope this helps

I'd love to buy that neck, but I'm in Australia.
Keep in mind this is a pre-1980 neck, which means the bolt pattern will be the smaller Type B rather than 1981-up models Tokai, Fender, etc.
It will have an Allen key adjuster.
Trying to find a pre-1980 body and plate to match it will be difficult.

Peter Mac

Hi Grimus,

What do mean Brazilian?
That fingerboard is not Brazilian, though it is a common mistake.

Most people think that just because a rosewood board is dark, it must be Brazilian. Tokai only used Brazilian rosewood on custom order guitars if it was requested. They had such a good stockpile of old growth Indian and Madagascar rosewood, they didn't really need Brazilian.
plus considering the cost of Brazilian to Indian, they would not have used it on an ST-60. I could imagine a TE-200 RR having Brazilian rosewood, or an LS-200 but not much else.

My main reason is lack of funds. I do have an ST-60 1980 ash body that has been stripped back from YS to bare wood - I'm thinking of spraying it Gibson '52 Goldtop Gold but the neck I have is maple 'V' which would not look as good as rosewood, - but you don't want to trade.

Might think a bit more on this and PM you . . .

Peter Mac

Interesting. Glad I mentioned it. Go ahead a PM if you want to work on something. Thanks.

Sent you a PM about your Tokai neck....lets talk if it is still available? Thanks, Jeff S.

Latest posts

Back