• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai ES138 Custom (PRICE DROP!!!)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbaug14

Reaction score
For sale is a gorgeous 2014 Tokai ES138 in near mint condition. This one is a custom build in that it has been upgraded to the ES162 / 168 specs by Tokai with the small block inlay. It also has a custom color not offered in the ES138 line called Tea Burst, which is much nicer than the regular sunburst that is offered. This is a great guitar in that you get all the accompaniments of the ES162 / 168, but at a much better price point.

I put the condition of this one as mint/new. The only blemish on the guitar is a slight mark by the strap button. It was on the guitar when I got it new. It's hard to see as it's not through the finish and must be in the right lightening to notice it. Other than that, not a single mark. Even the plastic is still on the pickgaurd. Zero fret wear. This fretboard is DARK. Almost looks ebony. This is truly a studio queen. I bought it as part of a studio project that never happened.

The only non-stock part of this guitar is the pickups. They have been upgraded to a set of custom wound JS Moore's. They sound awesome. I don't have the original pickups anymore as they were garbage.

Comes with the original hardshell case and all the case candy, hang tag, etc. Looking to get $1300 shipped/ppl'd (OBO). You certainly won't find a better Gibson ES335 for that price, and you likely won't find a better Gibson period. Specs are below. Send any questions you have. Only selling to finance another purchase. No trades.

BODY: Maple Arched Top
Maple Side & Back
NECK: Mahogany One Piece
Set-Neck
Head Angle 18?
FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
RADIUS: 300R
FRETS : 22F ?213
SCALE : 625/312.5mm
BRIDGE: HLS-VB Bridge
HLS-VT Tailpiece
TUNERS: Gotoh SD90-SL
NUT: (width) Bone(41.0mm)
INLAY : Block(Amber Cell)
PICKUPS: PAF-Vintage MK2?2(Made In Japan)
CONTROLS: 2V.,2T., 3way Toggle SW
FINISH : EX - extra thin poly
COLOR: Tea Burst

2yo78qt.jpg

2zekrxj.jpg

jue7p5.jpg

s6iomp.jpg

2hn2b9z.jpg

o8tdtl.jpg

2w5nbwh.jpg

wbcg3s.jpg

2qwzps5.jpg

1z1frf4.jpg

oivg9e.jpg

209omit.jpg

f21rua.jpg

I am interested in your guitar but can buy a new one for under $1200.
Shipping is about $110 so all told I can get an ES165 for $1300 shipped.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/guitarplanet/item/tokai_es168_tb_semi_hollow/

Understood. Remember that you'll have to upgrade the pickups after that (stock ones are horrible) and pay to have it done more than likely. Not saying it's a ton of money, but its not $50 either.

All that being said, feel free to make me an offer. Perhaps WD can meet on a price.

Understood. Remember that you'll have to upgrade the pickups after that (stock ones are horrible) and pay to have it done more than likely. Not saying it's a ton of money, but its not $50 either.

All that being said, feel free to make me an offer. Perhaps we can meet on a price.

What makes you think that the finish is lacquer?
This guitar is a vintage series guitar and they come with
a poly finish.

bulldog82098 said:
What makes you think that the finish is lacquer?
This guitar is a vintage series guitar and they come with
a poly finish.

When I bought it I thought the vendor stated it had a lacquer finish but that may be incorrect as I can't locate the email. I'll have to verify. I apologize and will update when I confirm later today.

You are right, minus the pickups and finish it's essentially a 168.

Spoke with vendor and the finish is actually EX or extra thin poly. Updated the listening with the info as well.

Latest posts

Back