1984 LBX-50... what's it going to sound like?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damienh7

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a bit of a fan of 70's/80's MIJ guitars, and had a Tokai LBX-50 come across my path recently for sale. Made in 1984.

I can't seem to find a whole lot of detail on it - I know it has P bass style pickups, but haven't been able to find any recordings/demo's online to get a feel for it's sound capabilities. Plenty of Hard Puncher clips floating around (also has the P bass style pickups), but not sure what other differences there will be that might impact on it's sound and/or playability? Will it sound similar to the Hard Puncher's with the same p type pickups? Or significantly different???

Anyone care to weigh in with their thoughts?

Cheers,
Damien

Here is a 60.Looking at the pickup it is significantly different from the PB design and looks to be trying to emulate a music man sort of sound.Judging by the style of the guitar it looks like a guitar with a more heavy rock edge,but until you hear it that is only a guess.I love all Tokai basses so if it is the right price buy it. https://plus.google.com/photos/117172107565095150766/albums/5710543922480870801

^ I know very, very little about basses, but from the description in that link you posted, it says it has a "split coil" pickup. It looks like it might be a P-bass style pickup, just in a more humbucker-sized cover.

Latest posts

Back