High-End Tokais, that aren't LPs

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucke Luke

Reaction score
I've witnessed many gorgeous Les Pauls that belong to the members of this forum, however do any of yous have high-end Tokai SGs, Explorers, Flying Vs or even Firebirds?

I would be intrigued to see what these look like. I did see one German dealer sell a bunch of FV180s. Sadly, I couldn't justify it. Perhaps, I'll pick one up in the future if it comes up 2nd hand. Other than that, I've not come across anything else fancy.

Please share! :)

FV180 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-FV180-58-Flying-Limited-Edition-of-12-pcs-Made-by-Tokai-Gakki-Japan-/131080559962?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item1e85029d5a

Not mine, but this guitar gets my heart skippin' a beat. I'm not even a Jazz player lol. Thank God the Canadian dollar is worthless again, i can't even buy the cheap ones.

https://reverb.com/item/563629-tokai-fa-235-2014-vintage-sunburst

That is a nice piece of wood. How do you like it?

More photos would be welcome! I have a Gibby SG with what I believe is one of the coolest grains, but sadly it has some knocks in it :( I'll try to take some pics over the weekend.

settebello said:
I have changed the pups for '57 classics,now
i like it a lot.
http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/settebello250/library/Guitars/SG%20155?sort=3&page=1
I really like the ... (junior?) with the P90 in the bridge. Do you have a comparison between them two?

hi guys,
these are the three of my MiJ Tokais which where left (i didn?t sell them.... :p )

A Japanese SG Junior USG90 i think ......

a Les Paul Junior Double Cut (LPJ-1)

and a FV-180

The Les Paul Junior DC and the Flying-V have Deacci Pickups mounted
The SG Junior a Lindy Fralin

All three are in their own way exceptional

greetings from Germany
Marcus

Aha! You got the FV180. How do you like it?

I reckon that by the time I got a proper job, there wont be any of the FV's left. I think there were only 12 or so of them made (as of now).

the FV is a very nice piece of wood.
It is incredible featherlight (around 2,7kg) and sounds very pretty

i changed the original Pickups because they are a little bit to hot for my Kind of style.

i bought the guitar 2014 for 1300? via Ebay but without the case. As soon as i know was the first run limited to 12 guitars. After that Tokai made another 38 guitars but with another Pickups (the second run was equipped with Faber Concerto Grosso Pickups).

Anyway.....a very nice guitar.

grretings
marcus

I got a 2006 SG155 that has always been great. My 2007 ES155 needed some serious break in before it got very resonant and lively. Finally, my 2008 LSS195 is also nice, although the neck be a little temperamental.

Roe said:
I got a 2006 SG155 that has always been great. My 2007 ES155 needed some serious break in before it got very resonant and lively. Finally, my 2008 LSS195 is also nice, although the neck be a little temperamental.

How is the neck temperamental? Also, attach some pictures if you can :)

Roe said:
the neck was stable for a long period of time. but when I moved I got a lot of fret buzz, esp during the winter. Adjusting the tross rod helped. Actually it needs much more tross rod adjustments than the other guitars. And the fretwork, esp. the crowns, is clearly better on the SG than the ES and LSS.

got some pics on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/roe.fremstedal/media_set?set=a.92464935267.175138.860225267&type=3

That's some intense mustache you got going on there. I'm 23 and still cannot grow a beard... :lol:

I really like the grain on your blonde ES, looks sweet.

Not a Tokai, but here's my SG. Couldn't resist the wood when I came across it on eBay.

P1010427.jpg

thanks, I started growing a mustache when I played in a 70s rockband. We even recorded a song called mustard mustache that you'll find on spotify.

Latest posts

Back