Please help me identify this Greco LP Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serial number its from January 81 but seem more like a guitar from 1980 catalog:

- Diamond headstock logo
- Rectangular inlays in the fretboard
- Gold hardware
- Super Power truss rod cover
- I assume poly finish

For me It is a EG500C.

Jan. '81 Fujigen made Greco. Super power was a lower end model as compared to the higher end Super Real models. If that was a solid top i'd be happy to own that myself for the right price. Looks real nice.

It is a solid body guitar, not hollow. Great guitar that probably benefit from a change to 500k pots from the 300k volume and 100k tone pots they used.

hi! could you also help me with identification of two guitars? Were there two made in Fujigen? Could you compare these two modles quality/value wise? Thanks!

Mint Collection Custom
ggdHb78.jpg

SAhq6Xc.jpg

RHynD5E.jpg

Super Power / Standard (?!)
SCw28lp.jpg

3MxvOMk.jpg

DHuWF1o.jpg

EG-450 is a hollowbody guitar with a plywood top. Nice guitars, but on the low end of things and with a different sound to a solid body LP. $500 these days would be a typical price I would say, even in great shape as it was the lowest model.

The 1989 black Greco may be better BUT you need a shot of the back as there are some models with bolt-on necks around this time. If it is a set neck guitar they are pretty nice guitars and fairly common so should be at a decent price.

thx, wulfman.

There's no bolts on the back as far i can see. Here's more photos: http://imgur.com/a/z2qFf#8 . The seller says it's EGC-75. Is that true? How can i identify proper model number? Compare it to guitars in 89' catalog?

Update: actually, he just mentioned it's "EGC-500-75" ?!

Here you go!

1990:

Standards:
EG550: chestnut top/basswood back, poly finish, bolt-on neck, screamin pickups (covered), color: CRS, LDS
EG600: maple top/maho back, urethane finish, screamin pickups (covered), color: CRS, LDS, G
EG700: maple top/maho back, urethane finish, dry pickups (covered), color: CRS, LDS
EGH700: maple top/maho back, poly finish, hotlick pickups (P90s), color: EB, G
EG1000D: maple top/maho back, poly finish, Seymour Duncan APH-1 pickups (uncovered zebra's), color: CRS, LDS

Customs:
EGC480: basswood body, bolt-on neck, poly finish, screamin pups (covered), color: EB, WH
EGC600: maple top/maho back, poly finish, screamin pups (covered), color: EB, VS, WH
EGC700: maho body, poly finish, screamin pups (x3, covered), 50s top hat knobs, color: EB, WH
EGC900D: maple top/maho back, poly finish, Seymour Duncan APH-1 (uncovered zebra), color: EB, WH

It looks to be in fair shape, although with a black guitar it's hard to tell sometimes. If you could some more pictures of the frets to see if they are beat up or not that would be good. $500 i think for Europe is a good price, everything seems way overpriced there. I have one from that year and i like it quite a bit. Mine is well worth $500. Good luck.

Well, the guy asks 625EUR (no soft/hard case included). The good thing is the item is not located in US so there will be no duty/VAT added to the price.

Well you will have to judge whether or not this is what you'd be willing to pay.. maybe he'd come down a bit ?? Is that with the shipping included ?? I'd get plenty of pictures first, people who are selling a good guitar will be happy to take as many pictures as you like. If they are hiding something they will not be so inclined that way.

The best part of mine is that it weighs 8.72 pounds or 3.95 kilo. Solid.

Just wanted to follow up on the original post I did. I like the guitar and made the purchase.

Light weight, slim neck, and I even like the stock pickups after 500k pots replacements (original 300k/100k really dulls the tone). The bridge is slightly collapse in the middle though, anyone can recommend a good replacement bridge?

Sensates said:
Just wanted to follow up on the original post I did. I like the guitar and made the purchase.

Light weight, slim neck, and I even like the stock pickups after 500k pots replacements (original 300k/100k really dulls the tone). The bridge is slightly collapse in the middle though, anyone can recommend a good replacement bridge?

Faber. I'd put on a tone-loc kit, both locking bridge and locking tailpiece. But, that's just me.

Back