Has my heart ruled my head ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jockai

Reaction score
Hi Tokheads
as a Rush and Alex Lifeson fan i've always lusted after a white 335 semi , but they very rarely turn up, of whatever make ...so after months of looking on ebay etc i googld tokai white 335 and was directed to aliexpress and then muso guitars in china who make for $320 USD and free postage , and i've bought one , has my heart fooled my head ?

If your happy and you enjoy playing it the more power to you. Just watch out for Aliexpress as they sell counterfeit guitars - and no one should support that as counterfeit products are illegal in some countries and spurious at best in others to say the least.

Good luck to you and hope your head and heart can compromise and put you in a happy place :)

Counterfeiters are not going to be too concerned about your welfare,
so be prepared for potential curveballs, including the possibility
of getting something completely different from what was advertised,
or undisclosed poor workmanship, with little recourse when considering shipping costs.
Return shipping is far from free, which is part of the ruse.
Free shipping to you isn't free, it underscores how little the guitar is actually worth after shipping and their profit.
I don't know why the Chinese government tolerates marketing misrepresentation on such a grand scale,
but apparently they have turned a blind eye to any kind of international marketing standards for a very very long time
and have nothing in place resembling consumer protection or concern for the welfare of foreigners..

Hope I'm wrong and that you're ultimately happy with your purchase,
but "buyer beware" sums things up pretty well, here.
You get what you pay for ... or possibly a lot less in this case.
Some reportedly don't even set up or intonate properly from my understanding ... potential wall art, dollar store junk,
that are not to be confused with Chinese made Epis, Tokais or Burnys
manufactured to specified standards and that have to pass quality control.

I would personally try to cancel the credit card transaction before shipment.

Reborn Old said:
...I would personally try to cancel the credit card transaction before shipment.
Pretty much says it all.
Then again, if you don't care about the money it would be good to find out from a reliable source what these things are like.

Sorry mate, but if your heart made you buy that you may need a transplant. :D

Reborn Old said:
I don't know why the Chinese government tolerates marketing misrepresentation on such a grand scale,

Culturally they have no concept of intellectual property. I can't remember who told me the story but I remember hearing from someone who wanted to manufacture clothing over there, and he said they put the CE safety mark on the label without the items being appropriately tested and certified. When confronted about it their response was basically "So what? It's only a logo."

I agree with the others. I think this was a mistake, both morally and practically.

I've never travelled to China.

Spending time there must be a very different and eye opening experience.

Not sure what "has my heart ruled my head" means?...why would your heart want to own a counterfeit? :)

Ask Tokai UK to order you a ES145 in White.

I agree with Reborn, cancel the transaction.

Diamond said:
Not sure what "has my heart ruled my head" means?
Yeah, I think it's more a case of wallet affecting desire.
It does provide a useful example as to why guitar companies make signature models, and charge over the odds for them.

Diamond said:
Ask Tokai UK to order you a ES145 in White.
Good point, and there's a few others who would make one, although it will cost a bit.

Paladin2019 said:
...but I remember hearing from someone who wanted to manufacture clothing over there, and he said they put the CE safety mark on the label without the items being appropriately tested and certified. When confronted about it their response was basically "So what? It's only a logo.
Be sure to wash your new smalls before wearing them!
And your t-shirts, and socks, and track pants, and friggin' everything else.

Oh yeah, don't eat any "fresh" food that was grown over there, then frozen for a while and thawed out to be sold as fresh at your local supermarket!

They put the CE mark on the products they sell but it does not mean CE as we know and the "E" letetr is far from the C as regular CE we all know. Be awared about it.....

well i've seen some photographs of my 335
and it looks good
it's being shipped tomorrow
and i'll keep you all updated

Rock on ....or ....Tok on .... x

well it arrived , i took advice and video d the opening of the box in case anything was broken , everything looked ok , first impressions very good
a very nice 335 , l tuned up , action high but adjustable , no pickup selector knob , but then noticed an envelope which contained a guitar lead and a knob !!

having said that everything needed set up , the bridge , nut , tuners tightened up , pup height , loose pots .

but that's what you expect direct from the factory

i wouldnt recommend buying a guitar the way i have, because it takes about 6 weeks ,but i always wanted a white 335 , i gambled , and my heart won !!

Well it's a relief to hear that your new 335 actually works as a guitar.
It would not have surprised me if it turned out that the thing couldn't be intonated due to incorrect bridge placement or something.

Even if it had been useless, it's not that much to pay for some fan art to go on your wall!

Glad it worked out ok. :D

yeah.. i'd say it's certainly as good as any Korean or chinese Tokai i've bought , i'm not a snob about these things i have a 1983 TOKAI strat and a 1985 LOVE ROCK Gold top ...but i'm starting a Rush tribute band so it'll be fun ...and that's what it's supposed to be . :cry:

Jockai said:
yeah.. i'd say it's certainly as good as any Korean or chinese Tokai i've bought , i'm not a snob about these things i have a 1983 TOKAI strat and a 1985 LOVE ROCK Gold top ...but i'm starting a Rush tribute band so it'll be fun ...and that's what it's supposed to be . :cry:

So why the tears?
Is it because everyone ganged up on you and crapped all over you?

You've already implied that we're all snobs - and I'll admit that I certainly am when it comes to this stuff! And don't get me started on Rush... BLORCH! :lol:

Then again, if I got to see your show I'm sure I'd enjoy it, AND understand more about the 335. :)

Thanks for your kind words , they were very helpful , i get the point that you dislike Rush , but can you tell us how many great songs
that you've written ??

Jockai said:
Thanks for your kind words , they were very helpful , i get the point that you dislike Rush
Yeah I shouldn't have said that, it's meaningless. Why would anyone care who likes what band or whatever.

Jockai said:
can you answer my question ?
Sorry I didn't realise it was genuine question.

But, I wouldn't know what a great song is - I like what I like, and think those songs are great.
If great means sold a lot of copies then no I've written none, but there's been a lot of ***** that's sold truckloads! :lol:
And I didn't write any of those either, although I wish I had!

Latest posts

Back