• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

After Tokai stamped saddles [or bridge] and tuners

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajory72

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought a 82 Silver Star Stratocaster from Japan [the low end model - 48 I believe, no stamp on rosewood fingerboard]
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=22622

She sounds fantastic but has 2 issues after 33 years of being played to death!

1) The saddles have pits in them - they still sound OK but I would like to replace them with ones stamped "tokai"
If anyone has a bridge or saddles for sale?

2) the tuners are really bad and I fear the gears are shot - they barely keep the guitar in tune and kind of click into place - just slightly under tune - so needs replacement, I would like to keep them stock so if anyone has a good set of the low end tuners for this model?

Thanks in Advance

[I checked ebay alreayd and no luck - also its not a fender so I wont put fender gear on it and would like it as stock as I can - hardware will go in the gig bag in case the guitar ever gets sold etc..]

Andy

Well..

Mods feel free to move this one :)

I fixed the tuners which were old and worn out, I thought, by using some "RP7" which is automotive grade lubricant that comes in a spray can,
I avoided spraying the head-stock lacquer by using tissues on wood etc, sprayed the lubricant into the post holes and then moved the tuner posts around tightening and loosening the strings - this worked a treat = and the tuners are like new and smooth as.

For the saddles I simply swapped the "B" string saddle with the "D" string one and now it doesn't stick at all = is 100% original and rules baby :)

Back