What have I bought?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphadynamic

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been lurking for a while, and I just bought the guitar below on a Facebook guitar exchange for pretty much Korean Fender money. It looks like a 1984/85 60's Tele, obviously the neck is non-Tokai, and for what I paid, I was happy to take a punt!... Anyone want to hazard a guess at what I've actually bought? :D

Thanks.

telecaster 1 by alphadynamic

telepickup by alphadynamic, on Flickr

telecaster 2 by alphadynamic, on Flickr

teleserial number by alphadynamic, on Flickr

tele inside by alphadynamic, on Flickr :D :D :D :D :D :D

a Tokai TE-50 body with original TEB pickup(s). serial points to somewhere between 1982 and second half of the 80s . body probably has a "BL" colour and Tokai production codes under the non-original copper shielding.

+

1991-1992 Fender USA neck ?

Hi Len,

Thanks for that.

Yes, it's a 1991 Fender neck.. I get it on Tuesday, very keen to try it out! I'm a big fan of early Japanese Fenders so I'm hoping this ticks my boxes!

Hi guys,

Serial number points to around 1985 - 86, but I don't think it's original neck plate. For a TE-50 it should have either a 5-digit or L+5 digit plate.

Are there any stamps on the body, either in the front pup cavity or the control cavity.

Peter Mac

It arrives tomorrow hopefully, so I'll open it up and check.

Anything specific to look for in the cavity?

Back