NGD

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top of the line MIJ 54 strat.... really a beautiful instrument and impeccably built. I almost pulled the trigger on one.

I have one of the old ones - ST54-128 Custom Edition (91 or 92).

Oh that looks tasty indeed !! congrats !! I thought that `Made in Japan`meant Fujigen, and `Crafted in Japan`meant either Dyna or Tokai. How does that work again ....

hekdiesel said:
how does it play?

Well it has a nice smooth V neck, just the way I like it.
Actually this one was a demo model, hanging in the store. When I told the shop-assistant I would buy it, he gave me one from their stock, still boxed up. When I tried the stock model out I missed something phonetically, so to speak.
The demo model clearly was the better sounding guitar, it just rang out more. The missus was there with me, and she noticed it too.
Feel and build quality was practically the same. So I left the stock model for what it was, and took the demo model home.

brokentoes said:
I thought that `Made in Japan`meant Fujigen, and `Crafted in Japan`meant either Dyna or Tokai. How does that work again ....

I believe Tokai doesn't make Fender Japan guitars anymore since a few years now, so they went back to the "Made in Japan". This one has JD (Japan Dyna?) prefix, and 8 digits serial number that starts with "14" (construction year, I assume?).

Really a beautiful guitar.... and nothing sounds like a strat (some consider that a plus while others, a minus). Enjoy it in good health!

Latest posts

Back