Seeking Information, Condtion & Price "BURNY FLG 15

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy_johnny

Reaction score
Hello ....... New to Tokai [ Burny ] Forum:

I am interested in purchasing a Burny Les Paul, however this is a not a guitar I am familiar with. From researching the makes and models; I believe this to be a 1980 Burny. There is no identification on the headstock and most all of the distinguishing features seem to be present. It does not appear to be a sunburst-design of any color, but rather it is an overall blonde-maple finish with flames. I think it is either an FLG-150 or an FLG-240.

It is in overall great condition; however there are a couple of issues. One is that there is a fairly substantial dent on the bottom side of the guitar, located between the bouts. The other is that there seems to be a black-fill material surrounding most of the fretboard inlays, which I do not find attractive. There are just a couple of small dents or paint-chips on the back of the neck.

Otherwise; I think this is a great instrument, and seems to be solid. One thing in its favor is that it does have a Les-Paul type of case; although it does have a nine inch long rip in the covering on the back-side, but it appears to be able to be glued down. The case has the pink interior, with the tan colored exterior, although the name is not present on the case.

I am seeking an opinion of what a fair price is to pay for this instrument. I am trying to negotiate to own it for under $1,000, and I am hoping to be given some good information from people familiar with this item, and its collectible value compared to the Tokai, Greco, and other similar MIJ premium-quality instruments. Please let me know if the condition that it is in; not being mint, but in great condition warrants this kind of purchase-price.

The sooner I can make a decision as to what price I am willing to pay; then of course the better chance I have to purchase it while it is still available for sale. I look forward to receiving replies and information from the Forum Members.

Thank you, jimmy

Welcome to the forum! Regarding the guitar, why do you think it is an FLG150 or 240 rather than an FLG90? Without clear closeup pictures of the pickup cavities from different angles nobody will be able to offer any real help. It is hard to see if there are veneers on some of the Burnys from that time.

Latest posts

Back