Tokai Les Paul Gold Top P90 identification

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkinners

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am new in here and this is my first post.

Someone selling this Tokai goldtop P90
But the seller isn't sure about the model.
Can Tokai gurus please help me identify this beauty?
I have no clue how to identify Tokai guitars, as I know their model number keep changing throughout the years.

Thanks advance.

5qpT4nA.jpg

GRaMFsZ.jpg

felixcatus said:
Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes, the model number is stamped into the pickup cavity.

Thanks Felix! The seller confirmed it's LS113.
He is asking USD770, do you think it's a fair price?

Can't help you on the "fair pricing" subject.

All I can tell you is that the model number should have an "S" at the end for a P90 equipped Tokai Love Rock. LS113 doesn't seem to be the correct description for this guitar?

What's the serial number?

felixcatus said:
Can't help you on the "fair pricing" subject.

All I can tell you is that the model number should have an "S" at the end for a P90 equipped Tokai Love Rock. LS113 doesn't seem to be the correct description for this guitar?

What's the serial number?

He doesn't have more photo with him yet, so no serial number.

It should be LS-113s AFAIK. Thanks again Felix

The seller is using the current 2014 ( catalog #28 ) Japan model number, not the model number of the same guitar when he bought it.

What are the first two digits of the serial number?
I have 2014 models in stock and they're LS98S models...your one doesn't look like a 2014 so I doubt it's a LS113S.

Having said that, models numbers change but the guitar is identical.
I've had 2010/11/12/13/14 LS P90 Gold Tops, they're all identical guitars, identical quality.
In 2010 it was a LS85S, in 2014 it was a LS98S, today in the Japanese catalog it will be called the LS113S.

$770.00 is extremely cheap, there's no difference between this guitar and the Big G P90 Goldtops, I know, I play them side by side everyday.
There's only one upgrade you could make to this guitar and that's pickups of your choice, further than that you don't need to change a thing.

Vintage1_vol.28_zps8dhzebcs.jpg

Latest posts

Back