History HJS-98 by Fujigen

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokentoes

Reaction score
Hey all, thought i'd perk up this forum with a kind of interesting NGD.

I tossed in a bid near the end of an auction and came away with this interesting old guitar from the late 90's. A Japanese man came and hand delivered the guitar the next day. It's got some miles on it but nothing too serious, and it is a really fun and easy guitar to play. I've never had a full hollow body electric so it's kind of new grounds for me and i always like that. Some of the pictures used are from the original auction.

Looks like an "E" but is a "H"

24e0qgz.jpg

It came with an barren headstock with some abuse and two ugly holes drilled into it. Looking at the catalog and headstock i knew what should go there.

20fdmbo.jpg

23h7ocj.jpg

Now normally i don't care what's on the headstock, but it really seemed like a bit of an eyesore so i measured the little plate that came on the hardcase and it seemed a match. I aligned it on the headstock and it was a perfect fit. Now I don't know if they used the same plate on the guitar as they did on the case but it works and looks better on the guitar that on the case IMO. Feel like a got a good deal and since the CDN dollar is now in the dumper it will probably be one of my last guitar purchases for a while.

9l8tg2.jpg

As it sits right now. Mind the mess. Cheers.

4v086q.jpg

https://www.shimamura.co.jp/global/products/index.html Very nice.History guitars are Shimamura the Japanese music retailers house brand.They are manufactured by Fuji Gen to a high standard.I have a History strat which is one of my favourite guitars.Gabe.

Latest posts

Back