• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

UK - Gibson SG Classic - SOLD

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proflonghair

Reaction score
Hello Tokai forumites.

Our shower is kaput, so the rule of last in/first out has been invoked. Reluctantly, because it's a corker.

It's a 2001 (I think, will clarify when I'm back home regretting listing it) Gibson SG Classic. This means it's from the short period when it was a production model rather than a special run for Musician's Friend. What this means to us laypersons is that it's got an ABR (more desirable, appar.) bridge rather than a Nashville. Best P90s I've ever heard (and keen followers of the Classifieds will know I've tried a good few), neck's got some heft but isn't colossal, tapers nicely. It's been played; pleasantly lived in condition, couple of little donks on the front where someone's dropped a slide/pedal (inevitably) on it. The A string tuner post sits about 2mm higher than the others because HELLO GIBSON QUALITY CONTROL, but it's never caused any tuning issues so I've ignored it. I've fitted witch hats because my manly fingers get tangled up in standard SG knob clusters (!) but I still have the OG knobs.

I'd like ?450 for it perlease - I'm not willing to ship, and childcare issues mean I'm pretty much housebound this weekend, but have reflected this with a so-low-he-must-REALLY-owe-the-plumber price. If it's not gone by Tuesday a) I'll have had to pay the plumber by some nefarious means, and b) I'm putting the price up a bit, but I'll meet you in a motorway services halfway/within 50 miles of my place (Glos.) - whichever's closest to me.

Shout with any questions!

P1070931.jpg

P1070932.jpg

I have one too.... funny you mention the pickups because I too think they are the best, fattest sounding P90's I've ever heard. Good luck with the sale.

Latest posts

Back