'78 ST100

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the gold hardware with the white paint.

I have a 79 ST100 with an insane flamed neck like yours. Mines a two tone sunburst with nickel hardware.

That is cool how there is a serial number inked on the neck, but not on the neck plate. How long did they do that?

My 1979 ST100 is a one off I believe. It has nickel hardware, but it has the neck stamp "100" and I have the registration card with model number and serial number. The neck plate with the serial number is nickel.

Also curious, did all of the ST100 have flamed necks?

Always a bit of a *gulp* moment working on an old, pretty guitar, eh?

I put off having the first 12 frets replaced on my ST80 for a very very long time. It sat in its case un-played for a COUPLE OF YEARS(!). Even put it up for sale on here and then got convinced by a pal in Nigeria of all places that I SHOULD do the refret.
So glad I did.
The ST80 and my Japanese Silver Series are both delightful but in totally different ways.

Enjoy that lovely beast.

ivansc said:
Always a bit of a *gulp* moment working on an old, pretty guitar, eh?

Indeed. But the neck shave and refret made it a better instrument than before, and that's what counts most to me.

Neck was slightly convex, even with the truss rod nut totally loose and heavy strings on it. So the fingerboard had to be shaved out of necessity.

Latest posts

Back