Another 'lawsuit' Springysound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played one identical to that, years ago in a tiny little secondhand shop in Swansea. I'd only just heard of Tokai and that they were supposed to be good guitars. At the time I wasn't used to strats with vintage radius necks and small frets so, while it sounded nice, I found it a bit heavy going. I think the guy wanted about ?200 for it, which I thought was a lot for a Fender copy in 'Ford metallic blue', so I didn't buy it. Ah, the foolishness of youth :cry:

I've got the same model from 1986 (a Goldstar Sound), it's a TST-55, the sticker has managed to stay in place after all these years. It was the first 'quality' electric guitar I bought. I can't be sure but I've got a figure of ?239.00 in my head as the price I paid at the time.

That guitar on ebay seems to have yo-yo'd around for a couple of months now.

TommyR

Believe it or not I've just seen another one of these - a Goldstar this time. Unfortunatly it had been refretted with very high wire - ruined the feel I thought. And at 450GBP was way pricey. This must've been a popular colour in the UK.

This is getting silly - Wizard Guitars have got one too :smile:. The price, however, is nothing to laugh about: ?649!

Latest posts

Back