1979 Tokai TE80 for slae UK e bay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did buy it. As for import taxes I am not sure. It seems like it depends on which carrier is used?

I am not sure if I have bought guitars from the UK before. Plenty from Japan and Canada.

Hi Siggy,

I believe there is a thread in the Vintage section about this particular guitar.

In my opinion the serial number is not original, however all other details seemed perfect for the first 1980 run of TE models.
As both 1979 and 1980 Tokai share the same plate spacing, it would be very easy to swap for an earlier plate.
This plate number would almost place the guitar a full year earlier than its release which seems illogical as there is no mention of TE models in either the 1979 Vol 2 catalogue or the 1980 Vol 3 catalogue (printed Nov 1979) and the official release date was March 1980.
I should also point out that serial number logs place other serial numbers surrounding 9005420 as being ST models only.

I am planning on visiting the Tokai Factory early next year to go through their archives and get some definite answers.

Peter Mac

Let me be the first to say congrats to you on what looks to be a killer 2 tone Breezy. !!

Envy :wink:

Cheers and enjoy

Just got it. Now I know what a Tele is supposed to sound like! Wowza! Just oozes Texas swing.

And the customs fees were $48.

This guitar is awesome! The only downside is the case is junk.

Guess now I am on the hunt for a Tokai case if anyone wants to sell one.

Here are some pics I took quickly on the way out the door with my cell phone.

Just realized looking at these pics that there is a center seam. Does that mean it's not a T80 body??? Grrrrrr

And is there a thread on this?

"This guitar has all of the relevant stamps and codes in the neck pocket and pickup cavities and has been verified by forum members on the Tokai Registry as being a very early (possibly first run) TE-80. A very special, very unique guitar. I am only selling because I play mainly LP type guitars and I don't have time to show this beauty the attention she deserves. "

The guy you bought it off has the same handle as a guy on here. Probably the same dude.

This is the Breezy thread.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=22181&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ebay listing before yours

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Tokai-Breezysound-TE-80-/121413990228?ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

Back