DRY Z Crushers!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Malloy

Reaction score
They have done it. I just tried these being extremely skeptical as I LOVE Dry Z's and Screamin 82's and even the lesser than versions but these PU's sound better than Anything I've ever heard. Period. Game over. And you can't accuse me of being an Endorser because I'm not.. I'm a fan. Blown away. And they are on sale this month. PU's from Ireland? Oh well.. Seriously you guys these are in my opinion the best PU's I've EVER HEARD.

http://deacci.com/product/pure-vintage-zero/

http://deacci.com/product/pure-vintage-two/

Sorry I stand corrected this is what I've been playing through for the last week and I CANNOT STOP PLAYING!! OMG! These pickups are freaking me out. How did they do this? Its the sound I have wanted my entire long life. I'm sorry guys but you don't have this sound. I didn't till now.. That thing about just the right Pickup in in Just the right guitar is magic. BULL. THESE pickups in ANY guitar is magic. I know because I've put them in two so far and those two were VERY different and they both sound WAY better than they did and they already sounded great. Sorry to jump through the computer yelling but i can't help it. I'm excited.

Glad I didn't run out and buy the first one you suggested! :wink:
and glad you are happy ,rock on.. 8)

Well the first one I suggested is now in the way so I'll let u know. I bet I love that one too.

how did you even find out about these pickups anyway?Hey Mitch,do you like Rival Sons? the singer kind of reminds me of you.... rock on
8)

I think it was actually on this forum but i can't remember. And I don't know that band but i hope he's good then I'll be flattered. Thanks.

I have 3 sets of Deaccis (Ones, Zeros and GreenFaze) and they certainly are killer pups and rank among the best of them. I've recently added a set of Dry-Zs to the arsenal as well and find them much brighter than the Deaccis. Of course they can be toned down, but the Deaccis don't need to be. I also find the Zs to be more reminiscent of a classic PAF whereas the Deaccis add something to the mix... something extremely delightful, but a bit different. A unique flavor, so to speak. Love 'em both!

Dry Zs bright? I have owned 4 sets (all in different guitars) and never found them to be bright. Maybe you should try them in another guitar?

jacco said:
Dry Zs bright? I have owned 4 sets (all in different guitars) and never found them to be bright. Maybe you should try them in another guitar?

Hey Bruddha in Exile :p

You may be on to something... I found the Throbacs that were in there before to be kind of bright too. But I just dial the tone down a notch or 2 below usual and they sound awesome! Could be the pot/cap combo as well... or just a really bright guitar. Hmm.... :-?

There's a thread somewhere on MLP that has a bunch of resistance readings of Dr-Zs, and it varies from the high 6k to maybe 8.2k. So assuming consistent wire, that's a huge difference too. I've had 5 sets so far and only one struck me as on the bright side.

I have tons of dry Z's they all sounded the same to me. Fantastic. I have 3 sets for sale and 3 sets of seaming 82s for sale as well if anyone is interested email me at [email protected].

Back