DRY Z Crushers!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, finally back in town for a bit and had the opportunity to take my new Deacci Green Faze pickups for a drive in my Bacchus LP

They're very articulate pickups. No mushiness in the reverse wound neck pickup. Not boomy either. Clear, lively and creamy "woman tone" vibe with the tone rolled down. Very balanced to the bridge pickup too.

The bridge has a really great snarl about it. Sharp and clear without icepick brittleness. Really opens up when you dig into it.

Middle position evokes that killer Peter Green / Tbone Walker out of phase honk. By rolling up the volume a bit on either the bridge or the neck pickup really allows the output to bloom. Interestingly, with both volume pots at the same level, the output is noticeably thin sounding - until you roll the neck or bridge volume up a notch - you can really hear it swell when you do.
Also playing with the tone a bit, you come up with some interesting tonal possibilities. I really love the sound out of phase - but I did go with the four conductor wire so that I could wire them in phase if I wish. Lots of versatility with this set.

I can't speak to whether these are Dry Z killers - for two reasons. I've not played Dry Z's and because these are a Peter Green set. Curious to hear what the others say (like Mitch) about the set you went with (Twos?) and how they stack up. I'm a happy camper.

Got mine in yesterday and played through the Super Tweed clone for about 15 mins, sounded awesome but looking forward to cranking it after work and see how they sound with some driven tubes 😀

I just wanted to follow up on this thread as I have recently pulled out my LS120 that I put Declan's pickups in after it sitting in a closet for years.

These pickups sound amazing.... Amazing...

Just wanted to say thank you again and to recommend them to anyone looking to switch out what they are using.

Very satisfied customer. Thank you!

Since fawning about the Green Fazes, I'd since purchased a set of double cream Two's and put them into a 2005 Gibson Standard LP Faded and I can't believe how great they sound - I can see what Mitch was onto about them.

I wanted to add recent pics of Declan's pickups in my 1982 LS120 now that I can post pics again. :D

BOafTfX.jpg

hpiSpxW.jpg

Latest posts

Back