DRY Z Crushers!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a bloody copy cat :lol: I really like your top, especially those 'horizontal' grain lines.

They look lovely, let us know how you like them once you get a chance!

Just shout if you want to change, I should be winding them sunday evening Udonitron.

Thanks everyone for the positive comments and feedback, I should be participating more on the forum, however you are all keeping me busy in the workshop and on occasion figiting with the postal service and letting them know that Mexico is not North Carolina. :D

I have decided to extend the offer, at least for another while, not sure how long I can sustain current prices but I will advertise at the very least a week ahead of any increases.

However I do want to say that whenever I do increase prices, existing customers should contact me before buying again and I will ensure you get some generous discount.

http://deacci.com/best-ive-ever-heard-mitch-malloy/

I am also pleased to announce that Mitch is now officially an endorsee of Deacci Pickups, and I want to just say a special thanks to him for believing in them and giving me the kick in the arse to start getting the pickups out there again.

Above all, enjoy the pickups, I hope they inspire you !!!!

Declan
Deacci Guitar Pickups
http://www.deacci.com

Cheers mate, much appreciated.
Do you think the phase option is wasted with a reg 2 condutor wire?
Sure I won't have the option to put it back to in phase in the middle position and I hear your pups are awesome in all positions so it is a toss up I suppose, yeah?

It is wasted with with braid as the only way to reverse the polarity is to flip the magnet round, easy enough job on uncovered Pickups but a right pain on covered.

I believe the original green rewound neck had a 2 wire +shield in a normal insulated jacket, which meant it could just as easily have been set up to switch between normal and out of phase.

4 wire is useful for coil taps, and while it is all down to personal choice, coil tapping a Humbucker with a resistance measurement anything under 12k yields a pretty weak sounding single coil sound in my opinion. I'm not a fan of coil tapping, but then Mr Page didn't do too bad with his setup either, so who am I to say one way or the other

to help with your choice of lead wire in a green faze set,, I would put insulated 2 wire on the neck to give the option to do reverse phase easily, either on a switch or with a very simple wire change in the control cavity,......However if you want 4 wire on both, then I promise I won't get upset with you about the single coil taps :) it's all really down to personal choice.

Oh you think with the braided it is pointless?
I mean the reverse winding on the neck would still produce the out of phase on the middle position, which is what I want.
The 2 conductor plus shield on Greens must have still been a 2 grounds and a live or did each conductor go to a coil?
Definitely don't need the coil tap, they are fun but didn't use mine much.
I am so confused now Declan haha, help me Obi Wan.

Mine are going into the LS80 as well :)

14395106491_d9ef9e1a2b_b.jpg

Only had a few minutes with the Green Fazes at the shop on Saturday and they sound amazing. Managed to crack my bone nut awhile back and it's starting to go. Should have everything fitted and back next weekend.

Declan, wire those up as you see best fit mate.
You know what is best better than I.
I assume the vintage braid is the hot black wire and the shield is ground, yeah?
Not a 2 wire + shield?

Udonitron said:
Oh you think with the braided it is pointless?
I mean the reverse winding on the neck would still produce the out of phase on the middle position, which is what I want.
The 2 conductor plus shield on Greens must have still been a 2 grounds and a live or did each conductor go to a coil?
Definitely don't need the coil tap, they are fun but didn't use mine much.
I am so confused now Declan haha, help me Obi Wan.

No not wasted, but you can't undo it as easily as with a two wire with shield and a normal insulation,

Not sure about the originals but on my versions, both conductors go to a coil and the shield to the baseplate allowing you to choose which one to ground, so you can undo the out of phase and have them behave like normal humbuckers simply by switching the conductors round. With vintage braid you would need to flip the magnet.

there is always more than one way to get to where you want to go :D

Ah OK...well if it is vintage braid then all good.
I didn't see a 2 conductor + ground option when ordering and I ordered them to be out of phase so i wouldn't dare switch that anyway :D

Would it be possible to order this set with a 2 conductors AND a vintage metal braided, or with two vintage metal braided conductors for the neck pu
Just asking ...

Hi Udonitron, yes they went out with Vintage braid. and if you ever get sick of the out of phase tone then you are still only one magnet flip away from a regular middle pickup sound.

I am out of standard 2 wire for another week or so, but it will go on the website as an option, and no problem dombat doing vintage on one and 2 wire or 4 wire on the other. Whatever combo you want is fine. Just let me know in the notes on any order and it will be sorted for you

I have been trying to source some Grey coloured two wire but it looks like black will have to do for the time being

Back