• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Got A Sour Deal From Koiz Guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These old things? :D

P1000563.jpg

marcusnieman said:
What's the latest java?

Paypal ruled that I can have a refund, but I need to return the guitar at my expense. But since I paid $105 deposit at first, that deposit money cannot be included in this dispute which means I cannot get all my money back, still end up losing $105.

What I really hate the most was when I asked Sato how good this guitar was comparing to a Crews Maniac which I was thinking of getting at that time and he said this handmade guitar was so much better and how overprice the Crews guitar were, and this guitar was comparable to a Navigator bla bla bla. Then when it arrived in that freaking black garbage bag, two pcs back, body is about 1/4" thinner than a standard Les Paul, absolutely no meat to the sound, just tinky hi, really thin sounding!

**** for that price I could have got myself a Crews Maniac KTR, this Sato is all ********! A real samurai in the art of con-trick!

So it was Paypal that ruled that you were due a refund - that says something in terms of who is right/wrong. Too bad it didn't come from Koiz in light of everything presented in this thread - so much easier to say "hey, I made a mistake - sorry. Let me make it right" (whether it's a discount or a return).

how much did you pay all in?

this will give us an idea of your budget and to make some recommendations as to what to look for. plenty of people here with a vast knowledge of all the MIJ brands..

Thanks This guitar is SOLD more good price than this price.
Thanks all guys of Koiz fun.

Best .

Sat
www.facebook.com/Koiz.Japan/

javamusic said:
http://www.apionet.or.jp/~koiz/

I came across this guitar Koiz selling on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/hand-made-LP-with-Burny-VH-1-build-by-Japanese-Lutheir-Guitar-/171187749998?

He described it having a one Pc solid Mahogany back. Since the bid was over and I subscribed to his Facebook group, I contacted him to buy this guitar. When the guitar arrived, yes it is the same guitar on eBay but it turned out having 2 pcs back which is of significant less value.

I confronted him about this and he claimed that I had never asked him and he never said that it had one pc back, and carrying on saying that a solid one pc back Les Paul would cost over $2000. When I asked why he posted such description on eBay he just avoided answering. I demanded a full refund including all shipping because he posted misguiding description and he declined. I did not ask him again about these details because they have all been laid out in his eBay description and now he is not honoring his words. And I thought all Japanese dealers are honest people, what a lesson.

Beware of this seller!

Good for you, it only shows how easy it is to con people on the internet and how shameless some sellers can be.

Funny thing is I was about to recommend a friend to buy a guitar that Koiz has on eBay.

After this debacle, I will advise him otherwise.

:eek:

So what now? We're all supposed to feel humbled and Koiz can feel vindicated? I hate to sound pious, but since the seller is dragging this up again: this was never about the price but integrity, knowing you made a mistake but digging your heels in instead of a simple apology and explanation and eating the shipping costs.

+1

Well Sat seems to want to bring attention to this mess again.

If it was me I definitely wouldn't want that.

Got to say all the Japanese eBay sellers I've come across have been fine, then again I've never bought or contacted Koiz about a guitar and to see him bragging about re-selling this guitar for a higher price I never will.

Back