The family/couch/random Tokai photo thread

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New member on the right... Although I am thinking now what to do with the LP :)
Family.jpg

marcusnieman said:
That SG is a nice chunk of wood. Wide headstock - 61 reissue?
You're right, '61 Reissue. Wide headstock and a 60s slim tapper neck. The explorer also has a slim tapper neck. Interestingly enough though, they're both meant to have a rosewood fretboard, yet look at the colour difference.

I've always been amazed by the neck joint on the '61 reissue. Makes me wonder why they changed it for later models, although I do realize that it makes it more prone to breaking, but how badly do you have to trash the guitar in the first place?

My solid flametops. On left a 1983 LS ??? and on the right a 1983 LS80.

I changed the original Pickup aganst a Lindy Fralin 10% Overwound P90, because the Original sounded.......flat. With the Fralin the SG sounds more open and has a lot of dirt :)

The Les Paul Junior has the original PU but i want to change it versus a Wolftone P90

The Flying-V will become a Pair of Deacci LP One. The Pickups inside the Flying-V are really not bad, but have to much output for my taste

Greetings Marcus

I changed the original Pickup aganst a Lindy Fralin 10% Overwound P90, because the Original sounded.......flat. With the Fralin the SG sounds more open and has a lot of dirt :)

The Les Paul Junior has the original PU but i want to change it versus a Wolftone P90

The Flying-V will become a Pair of Deacci LP One. The Pickups inside the Flying-V are really not bad, but have to much output for my taste

Greetings Marcus

Latest posts

Back