It looks real

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattygiglio

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking of purchasing this guitar

https://reverb.com/item/306990-tokai-ls-160-2014-violin-finish

It certainly looks like a LS 160 but I just wanted to double check, and see if anyone had thoughts on it, as I am living in Australia and will not be able to see it in person.

Cheers.

Reverb is also selling a MIC Tokai Firebird for almost 1600.00. :eek: MIC hasn't achieved that kind of status yet, no?

Interesting, about the size restrictions.

I am going to do research on that, I wouldn't think that would apply to UPS/Fedex though, but they'd certainly be more pricey, ugh.

https://reverb.com/item/311965-tokai-firebird-vii-candy-apple-red

Tried to contact seller but cannot

I wrote the joker who is selling the MIC Tokai Firebird and here's his reply -

"Thanks for inquiring. I had Six of the Firebirds Custom Made by Tokai China, as Tokai Japan refused to make them for me, because of the Lyre Tailpiece. They were about $1250 shipped. Japan would have made them with a stop tailpiece at the cost of about $2700-2800, without the custom made Tokai gig-bags which run about $120. They would retail for $3600-4200. The quality over at Tokai Japan is second to none. We are extremely satisfied with Tokai China...."

:roll:

mvfwgmzwpng0krum1wmv.jpg

:roll:

There's more....

"I've sold 4 and have 2 left... Apparently, you do not get to deal with on a personal or business level... The mic guitars are superb... Yes, the mij model is great... I'm the only source of Tokai in the US. I can order LP's for 10k if I wish... You not having direct contact with Tokai would not know that.."

LPs for 10 grand? :lol: This guy is a :p joker. For 10K I would buy a round trip ticket to Japan, stay a while and visit ESP and have Navigator make me what I wanted. I'd scour the countryside for a pair of double cream Dry Zs :wink:

Cheers guys. Looks like I'll be purchasing my first Tokai! About the size restrictions I don't think there is, my brother has purchased from the US before with no problems. :D

Back