Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1979 Breezysound authentication
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

One of my theories for this is that the Volume 3 catalogue for 1980 was printed in Nov 1979, whilst the TE catalogue supplement was printed in March 1980.

Had these TE models been released earlier in 1979, surely they would have made the Vol 3 cat, rather than waiting 4 months. They are included in the Vol 4 1981 Flat catalog, printed in March 1981, however the bridge plate has changed.

It is challenging trying to match the 2 timeline dates, I can assure you.

Peter Mac
Udonitron
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reborn Old wrote:

It has a legit 1979 Tokai neck plate. The one piece Ash body and "80" stamp at the base of the neck mean both pieces are from a legit Tokai TE-80 model.

Looks like a 2 piece center seamed ash body to me.
Seems to be a TE-80GS.

Peter Mac wrote:
Earliest Breezy number I have listed is 9010058 and the next 0006981 and 0007394.

regards
Peter Mac

Mine is 8003857 but I think it is a pre-production model perhaps (Tokai brass 6 saddled bridge with no embossing and no headstock logo but has a heel stamp) with the original solder intact TE-A pups, slight tummy carve, colour, 1 piece body, 1M pots, etc.
Who knows but I love it all the same.

Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Mac wrote:
Hi Guys,

One of my theories for this is that the Volume 3 catalogue for 1980 was printed in Nov 1979, whilst the TE catalogue supplement was printed in March 1980.

Had these TE models been released earlier in 1979, surely they would have made the Vol 3 cat, rather than waiting 4 months. They are included in the Vol 4 1981 Flat catalog, printed in March 1981, however the bridge plate has changed.

It is challenging trying to match the 2 timeline dates, I can assure you.

Peter Mac

I think it comes down on how the person in question interprets a serial number.

Body and necks stamps were applied right after completion of the resp. body or neck but before applying the finish.

Depending on the year and/or part of the year and even depending on what model it was they were producing, these bodies and necks could be stored for months before being assembled.

At assembly they were given a neck plate, so there is the discrepancy seen on many models between body/neck stamps and serial number.
It even explains why neck and body stamps often don't match.

Then the same thing could have happened to shipping:
Sometimes they were shipped to the distributor on short term, sometimes later because maybe they were preproduced for the forthcoming year/catalog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: