DRY Z Crushers!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marcusnieman said:
This is the sound I'm after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szdKx9O31A0

And Declan recommended the two sets. I'm keen on the Peter Green set (similar to the Ones but Alnico 4 magnets) but I'm not wanting the out of phase mod.... he said I can get the bridge non reverse wound - which ought to sound awesome because the bridge and neck pups alone sound great to my ear.

Ooooh that's a nice tune :)

Interesting note about getting the Green's non-reverse wound. Although now I may blame you for increasing the list of options... Rrrr.

One, Two, Greens. Tempted to just pick one at random. Hate choice.

http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice?language=en

That was a brilliant video clip. It kind of speaks to why some people thrive in the military, assembly lines and even jail - because most all of their choices are made for them.

People do become paralyzed by indecision - so do governments.

I've asked Declan if he has any sound clips for the non reverse would Green Faze p'ups. But based upon how good the bridge and neck sound, they can't help but sound great.

Here's a great review that someone did on the Green Fazes and several sound clips - in fact, I think someone already put this up on this thread:

http://guitargear.org/2014/07/09/gear-review-deacci-pure-legend-green-faze-humbuckers/

marcusnieman said:
That was a brilliant video clip. It kind of speaks to why some people thrive in the military, assembly lines and even jail - because most all of their choices are made for them.

People do become paralyzed by indecision - so do governments.

I've asked Declan if he has any sound clips for the non reverse would Green Faze p'ups. But based upon how good the bridge and neck sound, they can't help but sound great.

Here's a great review that someone did on the Green Fazes and several sound clips - in fact, I think someone already put this up on this thread:

http://guitargear.org/2014/07/09/gear-review-deacci-pure-legend-green-faze-humbuckers/

Interesting, I've never thought about it in such way. Maybe Deacci should have a 'mystery box' option? ;)

I've asked Declan for a picy of the pickup covers, I presume he wont mind if I share it here, in case there are some other people curious about the exact look of the options.

Nickle in middle, I will presume the other silvery shiny one is chrome and the plain one 'unplated'? Please correct me if I'm special.
Deacci_1.jpg

Deacci_2.jpg

I've read that review already and I've had a look on web, but all I've come across is other forums discussing the pickups before buying them! Which is self explanatory since the good price is to get more people to try them :) ...

Neck is reverse wound on the Green Faze, the magnet wire also has a thicker insulation which increases treble response. The a4 magnets also help

I can put 4 wire on the neck so you can have the choice of in phase or out of phase.

If wiring is not your thing, just shout and I will talk you through any version you needhelp.with

All.sets are.very close together in terms of output, but they all have their own voice, and each of those can be tuned to the player, the guitar and the amp you use.

Too much choice ? Wait until you see the new version of the web software where I am going to give control of how the pickup is wound so you can customise even further..... That's for the new year though.....

Didn't think double cremes would look that good on a black top. Impressed.

Soon we will have the whole forum equipped with Deacci pafs pafs. That should an official name I think.

Just ordered my Green Faze pickups - double cream, nickel covers on the side so I can put them on later if I decide to and Declan is going to provide the neck pickup with four wire lead so that it can be wired either as standard in phase or out of phase a la Peter Green. Excited!!

marcusnieman said:
Just ordered my Green Faze pickups - double cream, nickel covers on the side so I can put them on later if I decide to and Declan is going to provide the neck pickup with four wire lead so that it can be wired either as standard in phase or out of phase a la Peter Green. Excited!!

Heh. I am awaiting my bill for vintage II's.

Excited! However, wallet ain't excited :lol:

marcusnieman said:
Lucke Luke said:

Excited! However, wallet ain't excited :lol:

The 50% sale price right now is a great deal.... should buy a second set but want to drive the first set first.

Oh I'm not sayin this isn't a great deal. I'm back to education for another couple years and I so can't burn through my savings unfortunately... otherwise I'd probably do the same as yourself.

I will see how I like them first... maybe it'll be good enough to justify selling off stock pups for funding further purchases :)

Lucke Luke said:
... maybe it'll be good enough to justify selling off stock pups for funding further purchases :)

I think Mitch Malloy could testify to that. And a special thanks to Mitch to turning us on to these and to Declan of Deacci. Really a great guy.

marcusnieman said:
Lucke Luke said:
... maybe it'll be good enough to justify selling off stock pups for funding further purchases :)

I think Mitch Malloy could testify to that. And a special thanks to Mitch to turning us on to these and to Declan of Deacci. Really a great guy.
I mean we could always work on the basis that in 30 years time these early batches will become sought after... investment in my pension yano..

marcusnieman said:
WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: AWESOME!
Those look fantastic on that beautiful finish. How do they sound?

My double cream Green Fazes are on the way!

I don't think I'd do a good job at describing how they sound... but I really enjoy them.

Whether slightly overdriven or heavily, they seem to retain the clarity. ..Maybe imagining here, but they seem to have a bit of a 'quack' to them :lol:

Definitely worth getting. I'd be tempted to replace them all with deaccis.

On top of that, I love the double cream look. Let us know how you like yours when you get them.

Latest posts

Back