Information need on my Jazz Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rsdavidson

Reaction score
I've just bought a Tokai Jazz Sound and would love to get as much information on it as I can.
It's functionally good, has a couple of changes and is somewhat road worn.
I think it's from 1984. The tuners have been replaced by Schallers and the pickups by DiMarzio Model J 4 conductor Humbuckers.
The pickguard is missing. The knobs were black strat type which I've changed on this pic.
The pots inside are full size 250K A I think.
The tone pot is broken and the Capacitor is a o.5 micro farad brown cheap ceramic disc.
I saw no identication marks inside the body but there is some code on the heel of the neck
(forgotten it...please remind me what it would signify).
There is a brass rectangulat earth (shielding) plate at the bottom of the control cavity.
The bridge has the threaded barrels (not smooth with one groove).
It's therefore not completely original but I'm happy with the Schallers and DiMarzios.
Any comments at all would be welcome.
Pictures will follow immediately.
...oh, it has the veneer type fingerboard on a one piece maple neck without skunkstripe.[/img]

2E28159C-8A2D-4909-9D96-844CD2A04AD1_zps4ltdqhea.jpg
[/URL][/img]
5D66989E-A619-4FEB-87D4-047561077823_zps2aqzubsh.jpg
[/URL][/img]
81937F03-CC59-4E03-9016-609E554B71A8_zpsu5l9pqhx.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Yes, thanks. I think 12=7 stamped both on neck heel beside truss rod adjustment and also in control cavity under brass plate. Anyone know what this means please?

Latest posts

Back