Goldstar identification please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, thanks again for that Suki!

Me on that ST50 - and that is Dick on the left with my LS. Swaalmeen Netherlands 91.

639351b6d84fa29356a38bc10c5754e1.jpg

Hi guys,

Sorry about getting off topic . . wasn't trying to start a pissing comp. Trying to finish one.

It puzzles me why a person joins a Forum to find out information about his guitar and then proceeds to argue about miniscule cosmetics with the people who are trying to help and misquoting the very info used to supposedly support his claims.
BTW, I'm a Pink Floyd fan also, so am envious of the Dave Gilmour meet. Congrats.

Peter Mac

I'll give Gilmour a 20kg bag of peanuts if he wants to pop round to my place! Hell, I'll even throw in some cashews and a decent red wine. :lol:

Great stories you guys!

It was in The Groucho Club in Soho just before we were due to play in Gaz Mayall's blues club in Wardour street. I was sitting with Dick Taylor when DG came over to say hello. It should have been a defining moment for me as he is a huge influence. Unfortunately I couldn't get over how overweight he'd gotten - and he proceeded to eat my peanuts as he chatted. Actually that and the peanuts was the first thing that Dick chuckled about after he went. He is a very nice guy though I wished I'd engaged a little bit more healthily!
This was about two years prior to The Division Bell album. 92 ish
There is truth in the saying "Never meet your heroes"
Rick Wright is the guy I'd really like to have met. I'm a Hammond Organ player as well and the layering textures he provided are a massive influence. Every part was just right.

Incidentally, David Gilmour sat in with The Pretty Things when they did their first and only live performance of S.F Sorrow in Abbey Road studios. Arthur Brown narrated. You can find it on Youtube. I'd moved on by this time.

Btw I think this is a healthy OT as it's cool to see the human side of members aside just the guitars and it cools some flames.

Barks67 said:
Haha, thanks again for that Suki!

Me on that ST50 - and that is Dick on the left with my LS. Swaalmeen Netherlands 91.

lol :) I have some pics of me in the same year, gigging at the Red Lion in Brentford (a famous live venue in West London at that time) and with an almost identical CAR strat as yours (but fenderised, and with a painted headstock and Kahler trem). Unfortunately, the pics aren't really flattering so I'm not posting them! :)

Back