Info on Greco sa90 '90 & Greco sa900 '78

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzercast

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm currently looking to buy a mij 335 style guitar, I currently have a 1990 as200 artstar which is good but want to get away from that style and buy a regular 335 style, I used to own an early 1990s Burny rsa100 which was great!
The couple I'm looking at are a Greco sa90 '90s which is going for about $1500aus and a Greco sa900 project '78 or '79 which is from japan and is going for about $1700 delivered to Australia.
If anyone that has any info or have owned either of these models that would be great if you could let me know about them, they both look great and are very similar but I'm not sure how they differ, is one higher quality? is it the pickups or wood? Are the necks different? if so, how?
There is also one other that is up on ebay an 1980 Greco sa550 which looks great, again it looks very smilar to the others but is prices around $1200 Aus.
Cheers guys! Hope someone can help me out with this!

Hey guys, I've narrowed down my next purchase and it's going to be a Greco sa90 Clear sound project, It's up on a site here:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carindale/guitars-amps/greco-sa-90-es-335-mint-mint/1051057867

I think it looks great, anyone have one of these at all? The sa900 seem to be more popular than this model. Can't find a lot of info on them, I'm guessing it's similar to the sa900 but a 90's model?
Cheers

I've posted previously on this some years ago, and most recently a few weeks ago - but my '78 SA-900 is my best ever guitar pound for pound. Extraordinary build, tonewoods, pickups, playability. Some innacuracies as for 335 vintage correctness, but they're long forgotten and unimportant - this is a real classic.

I paid just ?550 for it some 6 or 7 years ago and it really is never leaving me.

Some pics in this unrelated and recent post.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=22063

Hey mate!

Yeah I've managed to play one of the 1980 Greco sa900 and they are amazing guitars! The couple i've found for sale at the moment are a 1990 Clear sound roject Sa90 and also a Greco sa-75.
I'm just trying to work out whcih one to grab as I haven't played either, I'm leaning towards the Greco sa-90 posted in the link above, if the neck is anything like the sa-900 than it will be awesome!
Have you come across an sa-90? I think it's a 1990.

Well the 77-79 SA-900 are quite different guitars to the '80+ versions - as I wrote, less 'dot-neck' accurate, but very very high quality all round.

I had a Greco SA-1200 for a year or two but sold it as I was so happy with my ?550 SA-900! The SA-1200 was awesome and I'll get another some day for sure, but I moved it on and spent the balance of ?s on another guitar.

Hope the purchase is going well.

Back