Genuine?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manxrocker

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-Springy-sound-/141366171879?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item20ea1498e7

Does this look legit and any idea on model?

for both everything looks ok, but without internal shots you can never be sure, the necks have correct decal and sticker, which i have never seen faked, but its impossible to judge if the body is genuine without an internal view...

the red one is more likely to be genuine, as it has the original tags and case which indicate towards an original guitar, not saying the white one is not genuine, but less info and evidence..

Impossible to say - must be an '82 if genuine since it is a spaghetti logo but with an L series neckplate. Would need to see body/neck stamps and routing

Thank you I checked back and the white one was sold in May for ?400 not original scratch plate or pickups

Also the logo of a guitar of this vintage with final pro spec hardware should read "made in Japan by r and r fanatics" not this is the exact copy" etc shouldn,t it?Gabe.

Could still be legit,I have seen 82s with "this is the exact replica "etc.Whether they have the final pro spec hardware is not clear. This guitar though according to the serial number is an 83 so it should have the "rock and roll" logo.Hmmm. :-?

Latest posts

Back