The different Japanese factories, and what brands they made?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3rdstone

Reaction score
Hagstrom Guitars, ABBA, Yngwie, Meshuggah, Volvo a
Does a place on the net exist in which there are list/lots of info somewhere on all the different factories in Japan, and in which you somewhat easily can tell which brands they made/make? I'm mostly interested in the late 70- early 90's for this.

I've always considered this very hard. When visiting guitar forums like this you constantly read about these factory names for lots of brands (and very often for various brands at the same factory, and also various years for the same brand), and to me it always seems like a jungle to sort them out.

Whenever I read something interesting on guitars facts or history, I usually save that post as a text-document/addition to an old one, in my special guitar-fact folder (something I recommend to everyone).

But when it comes to all the factories in Japan and what guitars they built, I'm quite lost although I really tried to save some info over the years.

I know that most of the Matsumoko stuff is easy since the awesome site Matsumoko.org with its forum exists, which helps a lot with Aria, Washburn, Vantage etc. But other than that it's very hard to keep track of all these Japanese factories/brands etc.

If there's a site, a link or similar help which could help me elevate in this knowledge I would be sincerely grateful. And yeah, of course I tried the search function here and on other forums, but without luck.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Latest posts

Back