Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The different Japanese factories, and what brands they made?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rdstone
Guitar God

Location: Hagstrom Guitars, ABBA, Yngwie, Meshuggah, Volvo and IKEA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: The different Japanese factories, and what brands they made? Reply with quote

Does a place on the net exist in which there are list/lots of info somewhere on all the different factories in Japan, and in which you somewhat easily can tell which brands they made/make? I'm mostly interested in the late 70- early 90's for this.

I've always considered this very hard. When visiting guitar forums like this you constantly read about these factory names for lots of brands (and very often for various brands at the same factory, and also various years for the same brand), and to me it always seems like a jungle to sort them out.

Whenever I read something interesting on guitars facts or history, I usually save that post as a text-document/addition to an old one, in my special guitar-fact folder (something I recommend to everyone).

But when it comes to all the factories in Japan and what guitars they built, I'm quite lost although I really tried to save some info over the years.

I know that most of the Matsumoko stuff is easy since the awesome site Matsumoko.org with its forum exists, which helps a lot with Aria, Washburn, Vantage etc. But other than that it's very hard to keep track of all these Japanese factories/brands etc.

If there's a site, a link or similar help which could help me elevate in this knowledge I would be sincerely grateful. And yeah, of course I tried the search function here and on other forums, but without luck.

Many thanks in advance.
Sigmania
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a start, but it's got lots of inaccuracies in it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Japanese-Manufacturers-of-Made-In-Japan-Badged-Guitars-from-1950-to-1980

I started a thread in the Ibanez Collector's World forum a while back, but haven't been on there in a while to maintain it.

http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/forum/index.php/topic,29049.0.html
3rdstone
Guitar God

Location: Hagstrom Guitars, ABBA, Yngwie, Meshuggah, Volvo and IKEA

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the reply and links, Sigmania.

Yeah, it seems like some inaccuracies and unsecurity is something we have to deal with when it comes to MIJ guitars facts. But links like these are always a good start anyway.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: