Tomson Splendor Series Mustang Copy Restoration

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadmuska

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im restoring a Tomson Splendor Series Mustang Copy.

ive got the guitar as "dead", it was just lying outside the sun on a warehouse sale.there's is no serial number and some missing parts. but the original pickups i manage to make it work again. IM excited to do the full restoration.or just make the guitar playable again, at least.

there is'nt much of the information about this guitar.All i know about this guitar from some links, that this Tomson Japanese company appeared more than 40 years ago. Products of this brand could be ordered by mail in the 70s-80s of the last century.

by the way, i find the pickups and the bridge interesting, this is the first time ive seen this. its so difficult to open the pickup from its cover, its sealed permanently, but from a small holes, it looks like there are no wires as to what a common pickup has. it sound more of a microphone, when i tested the pickups while tapping it with a screw driver with an amp. but still, im not sure with my findings. .

Have anyone seen this guitar before? can somebody tell me the year of this manufacturing? any thought of this guitars? thanks

DSC_0833_zps7f7472c2.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSC_0796_zps44fd994d.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSC_0906_zps9c64c185.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSC_0904_zps1e335d4a.jpg
[/URL][/img]

DSC_0900_zps118dc53b.jpg
[/URL][/img][/url]

Latest posts

Back