NGD LC-60M

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordon

Reaction score
I just picked this odd lady up from customs, pics to follow:

0101417 inkie serial, 60 sticker underneath.
1980 specs (empty headstock, just Tokai mop inlay).
14 deg headstock, volute, 2p body, beautiful top, fret nibs(!) cherry burst (not clown).
The pickups have hex screws like I saw them before on inkies.
No chance to plug in yet. Just over 4kg I'd say.

I have this strange affection for these 1970ies Custom bursts because my first electric guitar was a Suzuki LP-Custom at a time when everybody else was playing Fender Lead II or Strat copies.

Looks great! That was on Ishibashi's site for a while and was priced well. Thanks for sharing the pictures and congratulations!

wulfman said:
Looks great! That was on Ishibashi's site for a while and was priced well. Thanks for sharing the pictures and congratulations!
Yes found her at Ishibashi. Funny how they didn't really know what guitar and year it was. The cosmetic condition is so good it almost scares me since I am a player, not a collector.

Hi Gordon,

this is a very nice example of the LC-60M from 1980. I would advise you change to a proper LesPaul case though, as Strat cases tend not to be deep enough and a hard knock could crack the headstock.

Congrats on the new arrival

Peter Mac

Hi Peter Mac,
yes this case is only good for storing the guitar.
I find it difficult to buy a case these days, since most of them stink like a chemical factory. Will try to find a used one.
Thx
Gordon

Back