Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This bass is NOT 81.OK!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even going to ask what that is....
jawilluk
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
You know, the term anorak had me puzzled for awhile because I know it as a winter coat... so I was mildly amused by his hopeful insult:

Yes Marcus. But as an insult it refers to the type of person who wears an anorak. Train and plane spotters fort example. Anoraks usually have lots of pockets to keep notebook, maps, binoculars, etc.

Anorak (slang)

From Wikipedia,

This article is about the British slang. For the article of clothing, see Parka.

In British slang an anorak /ˈ?nər?k/ is a person who has a very strong interest, perhaps obsessive, in niche subjects. This interest may be unacknowledged or not understood by the general public. The term is sometimes used synonymously with geek or nerd, the Japanese term otaku, albeit referring to different niches.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.... that fascinates me.
ampmaker
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, while 'geek' has gained a little coolness in recent years (thanks partly to The Big Bang Theory, etc), 'anorak' remains more of a put-down.

I've forgotten exactly what word he said, but Peter Green used a similar phrase in the '60s when he was on stage and discussing blokes who were too interested in what string guage, effects, amplifier, etc he was using.

That'll have been people like me!
bluejeannot
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Another! Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-Tokai-Jazz-Bass-Olympic-White-Fretless-beautiful-JV-eras-Best-Jazzbass-JVG-/190925072278?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c74056796 Oh no not another one!This is not an 81 bass either.Who is going to tell this guy?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't accept questions.....
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Another! Reply with quote

bluejeannot wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-Tokai-Jazz-Bass-Olympic-White-Fretless-beautiful-JV-eras-Best-Jazzbass-JVG-/190925072278?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c74056796 Oh no not another one!This is not an 81 bass either.Who is going to tell this guy?

I have seen several ad from him over the years. All of his Tokai's are from 1981. I have told him several times, they're not, he says thank you and doesn't change the ad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: