This bass is NOT 81.OK!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejeannot

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261493876203&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123 I have informed the seller twice about the date of this bass and he refuses to change the listing details.Oh well. :roll:

Likewise.... my discussion with him went like this:

Dear jerrytracy62,

Sorry but that's not an 81. You can't just date by the serial numbers with Tokai's - you also need to look at the logo on the headstock. An 81 would have the old, fender style spaghetti script logo like this:

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv70/doudoubass/1146.jpg

Dear marcusnieman,

I don't really care much . That's the info from Tokai. Bid if you want it don't if you don't.

Won't post the other two exchanges because it got a little heated.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-jazz-sound-vintage-bass-/261500193088?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3ce2a04940 According to the seller`s current description in which he persistently and wifully it seems misrepresents, this bass as an 81 and we are a couple of anoraks.Well Marcus I don`t know about you but I would rather be an anorak than a fool and a rude and arrogant one at that.Why should anyone in their right mind buy from such a dumb***?:Gabe. :roll:

marcusnieman said:
What's an anorak? He called me that and told me to go spot some more trains.
British slang for a mega nerd with a bit of OCD as well, that is, when given as an insult it includes some of the essence of the recipient having a mental disorder.

Trainspotters are considered to be the most extreme form of nerd.

I agree with blue - I'd rather be a nerd than a super rational arsehole. I mean how hard is it to say: oh ok, I'll change the listing because I want it to be correct?

He's just opening up the possibility of somebody returning the guitar because he didn't describe it correctly. :roll:

Too true.I have just sent this little e bay message to our good friend.Enjoy!
As you are a relative newbie to E bay, let me give you some advice.The world of Japanese guitar enthusiasts is a relatively small one.we tend to know one another in some cases personally and in some cases on in the various fora that we frequent.If you treat our opinions with contempt and insult us openely when we are trying to be helpful you may find that you unable to achieve the price that you are hoping to achieve for your bass.As I said the world of MIJ guitar enthusiasts is relatively small and you might indeed find that no one amongst these relatively few people that appreciate the excellent build quality and great sound of those vintage guitars,( the very people one would assume whom you are trying to sell your bass to), will buy it from you on the grounds that most people on e bay steer well clear of arrogant twazzocks who provide the wrong information about the articles they are attempting to sell.Best wishes from your good friends from the Tokai anorak possee. :lol:

Here`s his reply,with certain letters blanked out of course.A prime candidate for the psychiatrist`s couch if you ask me.

Who the f*** you think you are? you appear to have an inflated sense of your own self importance. Let's be clear, I couldn't give a flying f*** for your opinion or those of your anorak pals in the train spotting club. If you want it then bid. If not then stay the f*** away and shut up. I will sell this guitar regardless and there is absolutely nothing you or anyone else can do to change that. Do not send me anymore idiotic messages. I'm sure there must be some kind of protocol on ebay to deal with trolls such as yourself. Now run along and go about your own business.

- jerrytracy62
Reply in your email program or through My Messages

Respond Now

Then lets all have a little fun with this twat ...... here's the relist of his bass (he should have taken the 410 Pounds he got on the last round)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261500193088?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

He He He. :lol: :lol: :lol:I think he may have shot his bolt .H`e ll be lucky to get anywhere near that again(I hope) :wink:

If he was banned think of all the amusement we would be deprived of. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like jerrytracy 62, the guy selling the bass has been following this sales technique course a little too closely! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUnvgKhWZdI

You know, the term anorak had me puzzled for awhile because I know it as a winter coat... so I was mildly amused by his hopeful insult:

an?o?rak [an-uh-rak, ah-nuh-rahk]

noun

1. a hooded pullover jacket originally made of fur and worn in the arctic, now made of any weather-resistant fabric.

2. a jacket patterned after this, made of any weather-resistant material and worn widely.

marcusnieman said:
You know, the term anorak had me puzzled for awhile because I know it as a winter coat... so I was mildly amused by his hopeful insult:

Yes Marcus. But as an insult it refers to the type of person who wears an anorak. Train and plane spotters fort example. Anoraks usually have lots of pockets to keep notebook, maps, binoculars, etc.

Anorak (slang)

From Wikipedia,

This article is about the British slang. For the article of clothing, see Parka.

In British slang an anorak /ˈ?nər?k/ is a person who has a very strong interest, perhaps obsessive, in niche subjects. This interest may be unacknowledged or not understood by the general public. The term is sometimes used synonymously with geek or nerd, the Japanese term otaku, albeit referring to different niches.

Yes, while 'geek' has gained a little coolness in recent years (thanks partly to The Big Bang Theory, etc), 'anorak' remains more of a put-down.

I've forgotten exactly what word he said, but Peter Green used a similar phrase in the '60s when he was on stage and discussing blokes who were too interested in what string guage, effects, amplifier, etc he was using.

That'll have been people like me! :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-Tokai-Jazz-Bass-Olympic-White-Fretless-beautiful-JV-eras-Best-Jazzbass-JVG-/190925072278?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c74056796 Oh no not another one!This is not an 81 bass either.Who is going to tell this guy? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts

Back