Classic Japan Car

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JVsearch said:
What is great is that it doesn't look out of place today

Yep, I agree. Although with these kind of cars, there always is a time period that they look outdated (the same for the Capri, marcus is talking about). But once they get past that period, they start to look better with age.
(I hope this makes some sense?)

felixcatus said:
JVsearch said:
What is great is that it doesn't look out of place today

Yep, I agree. Although with these kind of cars, there always is a time period that they look outdated (the same for the Capri, marcus is talking about). But once they get past that period, they start to look better with age.
(I hope this makes some sense?)

That actually makes perfect sense! :lol:

Another Japanese car addict signing in! :) That '70s Celica is such a lovely car. I was in Tokyo last month and hoped to see some old cars, but they are rarer there than here (it seems).

My last Toyota was a not-quite-so-old JDM import:

justarrived01.jpg

Supercharged with as many goodies as Toyota had available (even had proper climate control!) Alas, I never drove it much for a number of reasons.

This is its replacement (after 20+ years of want!):

p111atunit1s.jpg

I worked up to the NSX, via a Fiat X1/9, then the supercharged MR2 shown above and then the NSX. It's a great car, perhaps not as quick as the R33 Skyline I used to have, but more of an occasion, and I prefer the feel of NA engines over blown engines.

This dark green one is a targa - a little softer, perhaps, than the coupe. It's mostly standard (except the exhaust).

Unfortunately, I'm a bit too busy at the moment to get out in it very much. :( I try to get along to country drive-outs when I can. This was one from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae1u6y1Rgck - please don't be distracted by the red car! :D

I love Japanese car engineering. So much that I'm about to do a big european road trip and am buying an old Lexus LS just for the trip (to sell immediately after we're back). That was the other game-changing car that came out of Japan at the same time as the NSX. I'd love to do the trip in the NSX, but we want to bring back a LOT of wine, cheese and other goodies. :)

Yeah, cool! Enjoy that road trip.

And great cars all these. I can't believe that Supra is 20 years old!

Well, the LS400 is bought, and being made ready for the road trip. It's so much car for so little cash:

5KfCXkdM.jpg

It's a barge, for sure, but it's super quiet and that engine is so smooth. I can hardly hear it (although that's a bit of a shame, because it's a V8). Interior feels newer than my 5 year old Aygo. Few niggles and new timing belt to do.

Already getting quite attached to the old thing. :)

Back