For Your Delectation !!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkilius

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-TOKAI-GOLDSTAR-SOUND-VINTAGE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-STRAT-SPRINGY-SOUND-MIJ-JAPAN-/351077999458?pt=Guitar&hash=item51bde12362

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I was keen enough to ask the seller about the model number

Q:
Tell me, if this is a ST70 , why is there a ST50 sticker on the back of the neck ?
Regards

A:
Hey there,

There are a lot of anomalies with Japanese guitars. If you search for an ST50, you'll see they all have rosewood fingerboards, where as the 70 has maple.

Thanks!

:D :D :D

WOW . .

You did inform him also that . .
A) ST-70 have laminated maple fingerboard
B) were not made in Metallic Red
C) did not have 5-digit serial numbers.

In the words of Groucho Marx "Now that's what I call an anomoly"
This is an ST-50 MR with ALDER body.
I hope the winner reads this so he can get his money back for false advertising.
US$800.00 for an ST-50 - what a rip.

Peter Mac

Gotta love it.
I recently stumbled over an ebay listing where the guy described quality Humbucker pickups with braided wire etc. The photos attached showed cheap pickups with pvc coated thin wires in the expensive packaging. I asked politely if he mixed up the pictures. Answer: "Why? No!"

Yeah, you gotta question the stupidity of some people . . .
it's like "holy crap, that's the sperm that won???"

On a recent Yahoo Japan there was a listing for "Early ST-60 in great condition" for 148000yen with no description or photographs.
I asked about Year, colour, fingerboard, etc, etc but received no reply.

It didn't sell.

Don't figure.
Peter Mac

I am the foul who ended up with that guitar...

Admittedly, I am not that familiarized with Tokais (should have checked the registry beforehand...) and I ended up paying too much for what ended up being a "mere" ST-50.

However... I have NEVER seen a 30 year old instrument in that condition... and the price paid, even if it is on the steep side, is still not much to fuss about compared to paying the same price for US Strat that would end up depreciating faster than a snowball would melt in the Death Valley, Arizona... lol

Hey, I paid $3100 for a R0 lemonburst Les Paul. A very fine guitar indeed, and a feast for the eyes to boot, but still a ripoff nevertheless... (what's in a name...)

If you?re happy with the guitar and the price paid that?s all that counts!

I think a ST-70 in this condition would be much, much rarer. And to advertise it as one to sell it to people unfamiliar with all the Tokai model specs is horrible in my eyes.

Latest posts

Back