Good purchase? A Few Questions about a Burny LP model!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jacco said:
Actually Dyna LPS neck shapes varied a lot.

No, it's a solid top.

Thanks. I asked the seller, he told me it's 59 Rounded. Let's see.
Great! Thanks

Hi, one more question, in case you know: if I order one pickup for the bridge, should o order it long leg(like Gibson) or short leg(like regular), for the Burny Les Paul guitars? Thanks

jacco said:

Thanks. Jacco, if I but it short leg it won't fit so I'll have to do a modification, or it'll fit but will leave "some space" below the pickup? Thanks.

dombat said:
If long fits, short will fit as well! Like sex

Thanks. I was just wondering if any kind of modification would be needed or to add anything(for example, there would any gap between the pickup and the wood). But I checked and I was told it fits perfectly.

jacco said:
Make sure you have the long screws with your short legged pups then

Thanks for the hint Jacco! I'm thinking of putting BK Rebel Yell in this guitar. Good choice?

BobK said:
I put some BK Riff Raffs in an Orville. Very nice indeed....

Very nice, I heard the Riff Raffs are very nice well the Mule.
I also liked the Holydiver and the RYs for heavier stuff.
I bought a pair of RYs, will try them. I intend to play hard rock, 80's metal and classic rock.

jacco said:
Make sure you have the long screws with your short legged pups then

Jacco, are you sure I'll need longer screws for the short leg pickups? I talked to a technician, he said he never installed short leg pups in a long leg guitar but he thinks I wouldn't need longer screws, regular ones would fine. Do you confirm I'll need longer ones? If yes, then I'll tell him know it's for sure, so he'll find the right screws for this before I take guitar. Thanks

Hi. Did Gotoh tuners in their guitars back then(1990)? Will Gotoh vintage tuners fit this guitar perfectly? Or will I need to do some adjustment? Thanks

Sorry I never saw your previous question. To answer that one: I have short legged pups in one of my LPs and whilst the legs don't make contact, they are probe to wiggling. With lng screw this is less a problem.

Metric Gotoh tners will fit without adjustments.

jacco said:
Sorry I never saw your previous question. To answer that one: I have short legged pups in one of my LPs and whilst the legs don't make contact, they are probe to wiggling. With lng screw this is less a problem.

Metric Gotoh tners will fit without adjustments.

Thank you for the replies!

Back