Good purchase? A Few Questions about a Burny LP model!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcoshary

Reaction score
Hi, I bought my 2 first vintage Japanese guitars in the past 2 weeks(they were not my first Japanese, as I had a 1987 Ibanez Roadstar II, bought at that year, when I was 14. It was a good guitar and I think it was made at Fujiken Gakki. But unfortunately it was stolen in 1998 :(, Too bad). So, one, was a 89 Orville by Gibson FV, in very good conditions, bought last week(I haven't seen the guitars yet, this one is at the customs in my country and may take a while and the other is on the way), the other is a Burny Les Paul that has the looks of a Gibson LP Standard in black, with open coils. This one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121328718807?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 As you can see the price was U$580,00. But I could do a good deal(I think) with the seller and we agreed that, as the shipping fee was too steep to my country and almost ruined the deal, we agreed for him to make for 520,00. Was this a good deal?(I hope so) Is this a good guitar? Which model is it? I did some research and I found a lot of information here: http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/burny%20info.html by mr. Nils-Bro Miller and I found out it is either a 88 or 89 model. Can anyone help me with more information about this guitar? Is it a good guitar? Was this a good purchase? I don't expect to be any high end model but at least a good guitar as I heard many good things about Burny guitars. Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

058_zpsfa3a4e41.jpg

jacco said:
No, not late 90s.
Late 1990.

Oh ok, thank you very much jacco! Very precise! So, still from the good era! Great! You think it's on par with the good Burnys? Thanks

It says at the ad that the pickups are VH-1s. I think they're the later VH-1s right? If I'm not mistaken, at mr. Miller's article, they're didn't and hotter than the earlier VH-1s, right? Are they good pickups? I could keep them, or changing the pickups I can have big improvement? I was thinking at putting either a JB, 59/Custom Hybrid, Custom 5 or even Bare Knuckle Holydiver or Rebel Yell at bridge. And possibly a 59, neck. Good choices?

Most were 3P back, some 2.

These are 3rd gen VH1s , although a tad hotter, still within vintage PAF territory. Who's Miller?
You're choice of pickups depends on your style and amp. The latter BKs are not in PAF range but a good hard rock pup.

Indeed Dyna made.

jacco said:
Most were 3P back, some 2.

These are 3rd gen VH1s , although a tad hotter, still within vintage PAF territory. Who's Miller?
You're choice of pickups depends on your style and amp. The latter BKs are not in PAF range but a good hard rock pup.

Indeed Dyna made.

Thanks jacco once more. The 3rd gen VH-1 are regarded good pickups?
Yeah I'll think about the pickups options.
Mr. Nils-Bro Muller, who wrote this: http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/burny%20info.html
Thanks

Jacco, do you know if this guitar had the 59 Rounded neck shape? Because I saw in another thread that a possible RLG-60 model had a neck shape between the 59 and the 60's Slim. Could this be true? Thanks

Latest posts

Back