Greco Guitar before buying

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadmuska

Reaction score
Please anyone, im about to buy this guitar on this link::

http://www.olx.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/40129966/Greco+Les+Paul+standard+guitar+Japan+repriced?referralKeywords=greco&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-14,14#advertisementDetails

The owner said that he bougth this in JApan, its a 1980 model, but im not so sure, if his telling the truth. Please note that there is NO "made in japan" print on the neck or the body of the greco guitar.

this are the info he given to me: The sn no. Of this greco is 06243, 5digit serial no. Scheme they use in the 1980s.. 0 stands for the year manufactured. 6 stands for month JUNE,2 FOR DAY, 43 Stands for the no. Of unit produced that date.. See wikipedia greco guitars serial no.

You can confirm that on the MAXON UD PICK UPS. THIS IS SUPER POWER MODEL EG500.

Please help me before buying, im still not confident...please anyone help me, im not sure, yet.

It looks like it could be an EG-480 model which has a hollow-body construction and a flame-top veneer on the body top. The EG-480 had no fret-edge binding which looks to be the case for that one. It looks like there is no fret-edge binding.

An EG-500 from 1980 has a 3-piece solid top.

The asking price is pretty good for that model IMO.

the SN at the back of the headstock is like inked? should the SN be engraved on the wood? there's no "made in japan", does some of the model in 1980 dont label this on the headstock EG480/EG500? and its kinda looks new for a 1980 guitar? im a little bit suspicious...

Back